{8}

Why was I doing this? I could just stay home and ignore the problem at hand but, instead, I was getting dressed to go to my coworker's house. I wore a black long sleeve shirt, jeans, and black shoes. I stood in front of my bathroom mirror for a moment as I stared at myself.

I should stay home, relax and forget about him. Forget that he knows until work tomorrow when he probably gets upset I didn't come over. I sighed and furrowed my eyebrows. Ugh. This is difficult, I thought. Should just stay home.

I crossed my arms as I walked out. I didn't even know what was going to happen when I get there, what if he does something? Like... Well, I can't think of anything but what if! I shuddered then grabbed my phone and keys, putting them both in my left front pocket. Again, I didn't have to do this and, yet, here I was. Going anyway.

I walked out of my apartment, locking the door behind me then turning away from it. I sighed as I walked to my car, getting in then starting up the engine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I arrived at his house, hesitating as I stood outside his apartment door. His large, modern, and luxurious apartment. Being in it just made me anxious. I was about to turn away when the front door opened, either he has power to knowing I arrived somehow or he has a camera. Either way, I regretted coming as I turned back to face him. I smiled widely and nervously. "Hey" I said, dragging out the y of the word. My voice gave away the fact I was nervous, it being shaky and a bit high pitched.

He smiled at me, surprisingly because of the fact of why I was here, then stepped out of the way for me to come inside which I do. I step inside and shut the door behind me, now looking at him. He stands there for a moment, looking at me. He says nothing as he then turns away from me and walked over to the couch. I watched him sit down and pat the spot next to him. I hesitated but ended up walking over and sitting on the opposite side of him despite him patting the spot right next to him.

"So," He speaks up. "That... thing" He said with a low tone, looking away from me. He didn't address the 'thing' by what it was, great start. "I know you said why but I don't understand... how does hurting yourself help? Shouldn't it be the opposite?"

Of course, someone that isn't going through it or wouldn't harm their 'perfect' body would ask that, I thought. I wasn't sure what to expect from him but I didn't know how to explain either. "It just... weirdly helps, at least for me." I shrugged. For someone as smart as I am I can't explain why I self harm. "It was something that happened by accident then it became a thing later on..." I muttered.

"Right, right..." My coworker nodded, unaware of his thoughts. "How can I help you?" He hesitantly reached out and grabbed my hand, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand. I looked down at our hands.

"I..." I let out a shaky breath. "I don't know." Was my honest answer, I wasn't sure how he could help. How would he help?

He sighed, looking at our hands as well. "Hm." He bit his lower lip and turned his head back to me. He leaned in close. "How about we talk about something else? Something that can lift the conversation." I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Are you... drunk?" I turned my head away, feeling nervous with how close his face was to mine.

"Maybe... just a little bit." He shrugged and smiled a bit, I didn't believe that it was 'just a little bit'. I may not know how he is when he's drunk but he definitely smelled of alcohol now that he got close enough to smell.

"Right." I muttered, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You know what's a good topic now?" He asked as he started to smirk.

"What?" I looked back at him but then quickly looked away again, forgot how close he was for a second.

"You're adorable, you know that?" A smirk fully on his lips now, grabbing my other hand. He pulled both of my hands onto his lap. "And super cute."

I blushed uncontrollably, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. I was not used to get complimented, especially this much. "Thanks?" God, that sounded more like a question than a reply.

He grabbed my chin and turned my head to him, seemingly he got closer than before. His face just a few inches from me. My face felt hot, blushing furiously now. My whole face must be red now. "You don't believe me?"

"I never said-" I was cut off by his lips pressing against mine, my eyes widened and I quickly pulled away. I covered my mouth with my hand. Oh my god, oh my god. Oh. My. God... My head was spinning and I felt lightheaded.

He looked at my hand over my mouth then looked away. "Sorry" He whispered as he pulled back and let go of my chin. I didn't know how to respond, what the hell just happened?

"I think I should go" I said as I put my hand down away from my mouth. I stood up but he grabbed my arm.

"Don't, sorry, that was stupid of me to do." He furrowed his eyebrows. He looked like a sad puppy.

I didn't really wanna stay and deal with him after him kissing me. I was already nervous with all the touching then he goes out and kissed me. We barely knew each other too! I cleared my throat and looked away from him, pulling my arm out of his grasp. "I'll see you at work tomorrow..." I shakily said then darted to the door, quickly getting out.