{5}

My coworker was quite drunk now, slurring on his words and just saying random things at this point. I didn't mind, it's not like he was doing anything wrong or anything to make me uncomfortable.

"You know," He spoke up. "I haven't stopped thinking about you since we were in the elevator together." He smirked and leaned forward, a bit closer to me.

I wasn't expecting that and hearing about the elevator anyway, made me feel all tense and anxious now. Well, more anxious than normal when I got here. I tried to calm myself down and focus on his point. "You...were thinking about me? Since then? That's been a while ago." I muttered as I scratched my left upper arm in a nervous manner.

He waited for me to reply, his smirk now turning into a grin when I did. He chuckled lowly. "Mhm." He said, dragging out the end of the word. He leaned more forward and moved a hand to start messing with a strand of my hair that was in my face. My anxiety increasing as he got closer. "You're pretty for a man."

I raised my eyebrows. Pretty? That's something I don't hear often or at all really. I don't get much compliments. Surprising, right? That was sarcasm. It isn't surprising for me to believe that, I've never found myself attractive in any way. "Am I?" I looked at his face, he makes eye contact with me which makes my face feel all hot. I think I'm even blushing.

"Very." My coworker whispered as his eyes wandered from my eyes to my lips which make me feel even more nervous. I clear my throat and turn my head before anything could possibly happen, making him frown. He sighed and moved his hand away but didn't back up at all.

I shifted as I stayed seated, now looking down at my hands that were folded in my lap. I wasn't sure what to do in this situation, never been in anything close to this before. "T-Thanks..." I quietly said.

He moved his hand to my chin then lifting my chin up so I was looking at him. "You don't get complimented enough, do you?"

That made me confused. What did he mean? "Enough?" I questioned. He chuckled at that. "And...no, I barely get compliments." I quietly said.

He tilted his head to the side as he stared at my face. "That's going to change." He quietly said back, grinning. "Because you're very pretty and cute, not to mention adorable and funny." He let go of my chin, still not backing away from how close he was from me.

I parted my lips in surprise to what he said. How was that going to change? Was he going to compliment me more or something? The next thing he said took me even more by surprise, I was definitely blushing now. I smiled widely and looked away, that made me feel really good. "Well, thank you... again." I chuckled out the last word.