{2}

We got outside the office building. I looked at the sky, smiling softly. I loved the fresh air and soft wind, it felt nice to feel. My coworker didn't respond to me after I repeated what he said in a more question manner and I wasn't sure what to say so the rest of our walk to outside was quiet.

I turned to him as we stopped walking. "Well, it was nice chatting," That was a lie, we barely chatted anyway. "But I better head home now." I laughed nervously, normal behavior around him now.

I didn't quite understand why I was so nervous after months passing and being around him. Though, I am still scared of elevators so maybe it stuck around with my coworker as well but I also felt some other emotions that I couldn't quite understand what they were when I'm around him.

"Right." My coworker muttered. I didn't really hear him from how quiet he said it. "Oh, hey..." He cleared his throat and spoke louder so I would hear him clearly. "Would you maybe wanna go out for drinks tonight? You know...just chat?" He shrugged, now rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

I raised my eyebrows slightly, not expecting to be offered going out with my coworker. I looked away. A bar wasn't an ideal place for someone like me who'd rather sit inside and not having to deal with a packed place and social sitting. "That sounds great..." I started, my voice quiet because I felt bad for what I was about to say. "But I'm not really a person that goes to bars." I admitted.

My coworker looked from the ground up at me which I was glad I had my head turned so we didn't make eye contact. "Oh." He put his arm by his side. "Well, we can always just have a few drinks at my place if you're not into going to a bar?" He suggested, seemingly really wanting to hang out.

My lips formed a line as I heard his 'Oh', making me feel worse. I hated rejecting him in the first place but his reaction didn't make it better until I heard his suggestion. I looked at him, actually making eye contact which made my stomach feel like it was turning. "That sounds..." I trailed. "Great." I smiled. "That sounds great." I said together. He perked up when I said that,  smiling widely. He chuckled. "Is that a yes?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes."