15

I'm in Aruba.

Christian took me to freaking Aruba!

When we landed yesterday it was already evening, so we just settled in and ordered room service before going to sleep for the night. But it's morning time now and I have enough energy to actually get up and explore the place where we'll be staying for a week.

I know I made Christian promise that we stay in a hotel, but this is infinitely better. We're still staying at a resort, the main building right on the beach, but Christian reserved for us to stay on one of the private huts that are over the water, connected by wooden pathways. All the huts and pathways are elevated with tall pole like structures. Christian told me that they are called overwater bungalows. Whatever the name is, it's beautiful.

Cal is still asleep, so without waking him, I quietly slide out of the bed, put on my glasses and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth before putting on an orange silk robe and heading into the main living area. The sun shines brightly, and there are no overhead lights so at night you just have to turn on one of the lamps to see. 

The first thing I do is go outside to our back deck. There is a hot tub and a patio table and lounge chairs, then steps that lead down into the beautiful clear water. Leaning over the railing I can see the colorful fish swimming around. Everything here is so lively. 

I snap some pictures to send to Karman, Vivian, and Travis. Karman said that her and Sam have a wedding destination in mind, but they want to see a few more before settling. I'm glad she's taking some time to travel, especially since she's always working.

Large arms wrap around my waist and I melt back into Cal's warm body. He peppers kisses down my neck and I tilt my head to the side in complete bliss. We haven't even been here a day yet and I'm in love with the place.

The only thing missing is-

"I have something for you" Cal murmurs.

I turn around curiously, watching as he reaches behind him and takes a plate off of the patio table. When he lifts the plate up, my eyes widen at the pastry that rests on it.

"How did you...?"

"Nancy packed them for you" he explains softly. "She says as long as I keep them wrapped and refrigerated they should stay fresh for the week"

I wrap my arms around his neck and peck his stubbly cheek over and over. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

I eat my pumpkin bread with a glass of water out on the patio while Cal makes himself a coffee and then joins me a few minutes later.

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask, now sitting in his lap since I've finished the pastry.

"Whatever you'd like Pumpkin" he rubs my bare thigh. "They have plenty to do, we can head to the resorts concierge to see what activities are offered today"

So that's exactly what we do.

I get dressed in a deep purple bikini, just in case we decided to do something in the water, and I put a floral romper over it with with tan sandals. All of which I bought with Cal's money.

We walk hand in hand towards the main building of the resort, and I can't help but smile at the beautiful scenery around us. I love appreciating the beauty of foreign places, everything is so unique and different from where I grew up.

"Have you been here before?" I ask Cal as he holds the door open for me to walk through.

"I don't take many vacations unless they are for work" he replies. "This has never been one of the destinations. If I ever want to get away for a bit, I normally go to my family's vineyard in Italy"