08

True to his word, Cal took care of me the entirety of Sunday.

I'm not used to being the entirety of someone's attention, not even when I was in a relationship.

He drew me a hot bath, rubbed my feet and legs, rubbed cream on parts of me that he was particularly rough with. He kissed me and cared for me, and in doing so, dragged me further underneath his spell.

I like it under here.

I also dodged Karman's calls because I knew she would badger me about it. She had to settle for a text from me saying that I'm more than okay and that I'd see her Monday. I don't want to pop the bubble Cal and I have been in, but alas, work does exist.

Cal woke up early to workout and I wasn't too far behind him since I wanted to take a shower because I'd been so wrapped up in Cal all weekend that I neglected my curls. They were dry and stuffed in a bun so I deep conditioned them in the shower.

With a white towel wrapped around me, I was standing at the mirror running curl cream through my hair when Cal walked in all sweaty from his workout.

"You should have waited for me to shower" he put a hand on my hip and kissed the one exposed part of my neck.

"My curls couldn't wait" I smiled at him. "Do you work out every morning?"

"Yes" he replied in a grunt. "What is it that you're putting in your hair?"

"Curl cream" I ran my fingers through my hair. "It keeps them moisturized and keeps my curls in place throughout the day"

"Hmm" he picked up the bottle and studied it. I needed more so I held out my hand and he squirted some in it before I started running it through a different section of my hair. "It smells good"

"Thanks" I beamed up at him. "It took me forever to find the perfect cream and shampoo slash conditioner combination that also smelled good together"

"What else do you do for your hair?" he asked setting the bottle back down on the counter.

"Umm" I started scrunching my curls. "Silk pillowcases and sometimes I'll wear a silk bonnet to sleep if I want to keep my curls intact for the next day. Then obviously wash and deep conditioner days"

"Obviously" he smirked tugging on my towel but not hard enough for it to fall.

It took us forever to leave his apartment and by the time we got our usual at Roast Room, I was five minutes late to work. I sent an apology email to Mr. Callahan that went unanswered but Melanie assured me it was fine.

Me on the other hand?

I've been stewing in silent anger for the past hour and a half.

It's week two now, and he still hasn't introduced himself to me. It's rude. I get he's a big CEO and his time is precious, but I'm his secretary for heavens sake. He should at least know what my face looks like.

I'm glaring at his schedule, where it says he has an in-person meeting in thirty minutes. Yes. In-person. Meaning he's no longer holing himself up in his office. He's seeing people. Just not me.

Maybe this weekend with Cal gave me a little too much confidence because the next thing I know, I'm pushing myself out of my chair, straightening my royal blue pencil skirt (which was the reason for today's lateness), and striding down the hallway towards Mr. Callahans office.

I just want to say Hi.

"Nora?" Melanie frowns as I pass her office.

I flash her a smile and a wave before continuing on my mission.