18

The auction goes on for a while after Christian bid 3 million on my grandmother's necklace.

I have his hand clutched in mine, because I couldn't find an exact way to thank him for what he did, so I just took his hand and kissed him. He rubs his thumb against my knuckles softly and occasionally brushes his lips against the top of my head since I have it rested on his shoulder.

"When is your speech?" I ask looking up at him.

He checks the expensive looking watch on his wrist. "A few minutes. Are you doing okay?"

"I'm fine" I reassure him with a smile. I have to pee, but I don't want to miss his speech.

"Okay" he kisses my forehead. "After the speech I need to go around and talk to some people and then we can leave"

I nod and give him another smile just as Evelyn speaks making me look over at her.

"Lucien, honey, stop scowling at that man he looks like he's going to burst into tears" she tells him with a sweet motherly voice.

"Okay" Lucien narrows his eyes further at the man sitting a few tables away. He grabs his glass and takes a sip from it.

I observe as Amara looks up at Lucien. Her eyes dance around his face, studying him, and eventually he looks down at her. Something softens in his expression and he bends to kiss the corner of her lips which makes her blush. Their silent communication seems to make them the perfect match for each other.

"He'll budge eventually" Dalton grunts to Lucien. "No need to stare him down"

"Not eventually" Lucien replies darkly. "Tonight"

No one says anything after that. I realize that making Lucien the head of acquisitions is probably one of the smartest business decisions their dad has ever made. I doubt he's ever failed at making a deal with companies because they are far too afraid of the consequences of saying no to him.

A few minutes later, Evelyn goes up to introduce Christian to the stage and then he's leaving my side to go stand in front of everyone in the room.

It's hard not to admire him taking control of the entire room. He hasn't even said anything yet but he immediately dominates everyone's attention. His suit fits him perfectly, his broad shoulders square and muscles toned and hard. I start to mentally undress him and when his eyes meet mine, he smirks like he knows that I'm doing it.

Then I blush remembering, and still feeling, him between my thighs.

I take a sip of cool sparking water just as he clears his throat.

"On behalf of Callahan Media, I'd like to thank you all for being here with us tonight" he starts. "We've had an amazing first two quarters and are looking forward to what the last half of the year will bring us. I won't take up too much of your time with the details, but the expansions that we made have doubled and we're looking at this being our most profitable year yet"

People clap and I smile while doing so too, pride filling me for Christian. He works hard so he truly deserves the accolades. 

Once the clapping dies down he continues. "Which brings me to this years announcement. My brother and I have been working extensively to expand Callahan Media's outreach and we've been extremely successful with the help of his acquisitions team. So we are happy to announce that we have officially gone global, and will be opening an office in London within the next year"

My eyebrows raise. Oh wow. That's major news. I glance around the table and notice Dalton's jaw clenched tight enough that it looks like it hurts and Evelyn looks between her husband and sons nervously. Lucien just smirks. Maybe it's not so good news? I don't see how it could be bad though, I thought expansions were good for companies?