09

The next morning Cal texts and says he can't meet me at Roast Room because he had an emergency meeting, so I get my daily dose of pumpkin bread and also Cal's black coffee and make my way to the office.

Today I'm wearing a dress that I think he'll like. I know he especially likes when I wear dresses, and it's warm today with the sun shining. Today's sundress is bright yellow. It's short sleeved and has elastic around the cuffs making it bunch at my upper arms, and a small bow right under my breasts. It goes all the way down to my feet and I paired it with brown flats and my brown purse.

I think we're going out to dinner tonight and tomorrow Karm and I are going to the phone store to change my number, so today is a happy day. Things are looking up for Nora Juniper Harlow.

I walk into the office with a bright smile that doesn't get returned but doesn't deter me in the slightest. Humming to myself on the way up the elevator, Melanie is the first face that greats me when I reach the top floor.

"Hi" I smile at her, walking off the elevator as she gets on.

She gives me a weak smile. "Not a great morning hun, he's in a mood"

The elevator doors shut and I spin on my heels chewing on the inside of my lip. Maybe he just needs his coffee?

Making my way to Cal's office, I knock on the door, and for the longest time there is no answer. At least a minute passes before I even hear the lock click. Slowly I open the door and creep inside.

Cal is sitting in his chair, a hard look on his face as he stares at his computer.

"Good morning" I greet him with a smile. "Brought your coffee"

He looks up, his eyes sweeping over my dress and I catch the satisfaction in his gaze. I walk over to him, setting the coffee on his desk. "Melanie said you're in a mood" I tilt my head to the side.

"Did she" he grunts before rubbing his hand over his beard.

"What happened?" I turn towards his computer, noticing a document with a spreadsheet of names and the words fire or probation next to them. Oh boy.

"Something was printed that wasn't supposed to be" he takes a deep breath. "This is exactly what I needed today. You didn't see it this morning?"

I give him a look.

"Right, you don't look at the news" he smirks just slightly and that makes me smile. "You look beautiful today Pumpkin"

"Thank you" I give him a little twirl. "I thought it might lift your spirits for the meeting today"

"You think of me while getting dressed in the morning?" he raises an eyebrow and leans back in his chair.

"Mmm" I clasp my hands together. "This is inappropriate work talk Mr. Callahan"

"Cal" his eyes darken slightly.

"You're my boss at work, here I have to call you Mr. Callahan" I smile.

Cal stands up, his full height making my eyes widen. I'll never get used to how tall he is. He stares down at me, and takes a step closer.

"Do I need to bend you over my desk and give you a reminder?" he unbuttons the cuffs of his sleeves.

"Remind me of what?" my breathing picks up and my eyes widen at his sudden change in tone.

"Of what you were calling me when my cock was inside of you" he says calmly while rolling up his sleeves.

I can feel the blush cover the entire length of my body. Holy...

"W-We uh.." I stutter. Cal raises one eyebrow. I shake my head and clear my throat. "This is supposed to be a professional work environment"