♔︎Chapter 23: Hunting For Dates♔︎

"This is mad," Ron says from beside me. Several weeks have passed and the boys have had a hard time getting dates for the Ball. The whole, Harry being a cheat really doesn't help either. "At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Snape comes up behind him and directs his head back into his studies. 

It is study hall after all. 

I ignore the boys beside me to my bets abilities and try to finish my own homework for Snapes potions class. He's got us studying up on several different ones, some we even learned as first years and some I've never seen before. I believe my favorite is currently Liquid Luck. 

"Well, us and Neville." Ron snickers to Harry, "Yeah but then again, he can take himself." I roll my eyes at his words, "Hop off Nev, he's a good lad. Actually, he's got someone," I smirk knowing it was Ron's younger sister. Hermione had gotten a date as well, just as I said she would, Viktor Krum himself. She was ecstatic when she told me all about it. 

Harry looks at me and places his hand on my knee under the table, ever since he got his sling off and we had that moment dancing, as though he has to have some sort of contact.

Ron groans at my words, "Now I'm really impressed." I continue my ignoring them and get back to my work that I'm almost finished with now. I look up at a rustling paper to see Fred asking Angelina Johnson to the Ball by using silly hand gestures. 

She gives him a gentle smile, "To the ball? Yeah, alright." She whispers a response, Snape standing just behind her. Fred glances over at Ron and gives him a dramatized wink, I stifle a laugh and try to keep on at my work. 

"Oi Hermione, you're a girl," Ron states and Hermione looks up at him, "Yeah? Well, spotted." Harry waves his hand and smacks Ron on the arm in an attempt to stop him, but it was far too late. 

"Come to the dance with one of us?" A book swipes down at the heads of Harry and Ron, this time I'm unable to hold back a laugh which earns me a smack as well. "Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad." 

Hermione quickly strikes back, "I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me. And I said yes," She collects her notebook and with her curls bouncing behind her she storms out of the room after handing Snape her book.

I grin watching as Ron converses back and forth on whether or not she's lying before I take notice of the lurking Professor behind us. He slowly pulls his sleeves from his hands and directs their heads back to their papers once again. 

Snape may be the world's worst Professor, but even I had to give him props for that one. 

"So, you and Fleur, aye?" Cedric passes me a jokingly wink and I chuckle, "It's not like that Cedric, we're just going as friends seeing as we don't wish to bother with others at the moment." 

"Really?" He asks as if he had doubts, "Yeah, whys that?" 

"Well, I don't mean you ill Y/n. Just thought you should know, I uh saw a guy asking her this morning and she said perhaps and let her think on it." I look at him as the words fall from his lips, nearly stopping me in my dead tracks. Did Fleur not want to go with me anymore because of who I am? But she had ensured she didn't care. 

"I also wanted to let you know that I asked Cho, she said yes." He smiles to himself then looks at me and I return the gesture, "That's incredible Ced, I'm beyond happy for you!" I laugh as he hooks an arm around my shoulders. "You let me know what happens, alright?" Cedric confirms as we approach the Gryffindor portrait. 

"I'll have a chat with her, thank you for letting me know," I give him a grateful smile and hug him swiftly before the both of us head our separate ways. I walk in as I stare at an unsettled Ron, surrounded by our friends and serval others.