✰Chapter 8: Werewolf problems✰

Remus stands beside Pettigrew with his wand pointed at him while we watch Harry and Sirius talk. Just then, I remember a thought that crossed my mind earlier.

The moon.

I quickly turn my head around, and I point, "Harry!!" I shout as the moon begins shining over the mountains in the distance. Despite my ankle feeling as if it was falling off, I move as quickly as I can towards Pettigrew. 

"Remus, my friend! Did you take your potion tonight! Remember the man you truly are!" Sirius shouts, wrapping his hands around my father. "Y/n! Get the hell away from here!" Sirius shouts, and I ignore him. Just as Pettigrew points the wand towards himself, I reach my hands out and catch him as he transforms back into a rat. 

And using his own jacket, I wrap him up tightly in it, "Run! Run! Go, Y/n!" Sirius yells, and I run over to Harry before tripping slightly, and he catches me, Dad pushes Sirius off of him as soon as he fully transforms into a werewolf.

Harry and Ron wrap their arms under my own to hold me up; Pettigrew wrapped in his own jacket in one of my hands. Hermione steps closer to the whimpering Werewolf despite the three of us trying to stop her. 

"Professor?" Hermione questions, and I shake my head, "He's not himself any longer 'Mione!" I whisper shout. Never once have I ever had to face Remus during this time. He always left me in the care of my cousin Tonks, and now I understand why.

The werewolf starts to step forward. In response, Hermione quickly runs back towards us. At nearly the same time, Snape finally emerges from the hole of the Whomping Willow tree.

"You! Potter-!" Before we could get the words out, Ron and Harry were nearly in tears out of fear as they pointed in the direction Remus stood in. Still stalking towards us.

When Snape finally turns around, his eyes widen, and he spreads his arms out and ushers us behind him. Never thought I would see the day Snape protected students. Even if we ran for it, I would hold them back with my bum ankle.

Now I've got more problems I can blame on my biological father.

I try thinking of a way out of this, but there is no way. Even if we did try to run, he could easily catch up to us. I could feel my eyes beginning to water as I held on tightly to the collar of Harry's shirt, and if we survive, I plan to kill him for the way he treated me but for right now, I hold onto him. 

Just as I lost all hope a large black dog launches himself towards the werewolf from over the ledge of the rocks, Snape continues forcing us to walk backwards as the dog and werewolf now snarl at one another, the dog standing in front of us.  

Sirius launches himself forward, tearing at the flesh on the werewolves face, I begin to feel extremely lightheaded, I can't tell if it's from blood loss or watching this fight. The werewolf throws Black off of him once again, the dog whimpering in response to the blow. 

Harry loses his footing from Snape, forcing us backward and trips over a stem of the Willow tree, pulling me down with him. At the same time, Black grabs Remus by the paw and drags him backward. The werewolf finally had enough and snapped at Black and took off, chasing him down the hill. 

"Sirius!" Harry exclaims, quickly standing up while Hermione and Ron help me up, "Come back here, Potter!" Professor Snape shouts. I shove the rat into Hermione's hands and try running after Harry but shout in pain as I place weight on my ankle. 

Snape grabs my shoulder and helps me stand. "I don't feel so good..." I mumble, the world around me starts to become fuzzy, and a bell can be heard in my ears. "Stay awake, Y/n!" Ron says, muffled, due to the ringing drowning him out. Before I know it, I fall unconscious.