Chapter 10: Dear Mum, I need a little help here

The best part about being a Black and a Potter is that we're filthy rich, so when Remus and Sirius said we could go to a few muggle stores by ourselves, we definitely took the opportunity. Harry never had clothes of his own.

He always wore Dudley's old ones, so that's the first place we went. Clothes store. Luckily, we can get galleons transferred into muggle money at Gringotts.

My leg still hasn't fully healed, but when we went to St. Mungos they used a quick spell and gave me a wrap for my ankle that muggles use to at least keep it in place. If that doesn't heal, then next, we're going to try using a muggles boot. I only know some of these things due to Remus, the others Harry had to explain to me.

"Harry, what about this shirt?" I show him a few different short sleeved and long-sleeved shirts that he ended up purchasing. By the time we walked out of the store, both of us had spent two hundred muggle dollars, whatever that means.

Next up, we went into a muggle candy store, and I got Remus a few different chocolates, some for myself as well. "Harry, what candy do you suppose Sirius would like?" I look over to him, and he shrugs, looking at something called licorice.

"Just get a bit of everything?" Harry offers the idea, and I grin, "Good thinking," I say, placing a ton of different options of goodies and sweets in the bag. This time, we spent one hundred and twenty-four, put together. Harry and I went to a few more shops before we decided to call it quits around noon.

"We're home!" I exclaim, walking through the door with about four bags on each arm, Harry appearing the same. "Harry! Y/n! Your home early - Merlin! Did you buy the store or something!? It doesn't matter. Head on upstairs children." Remus rushes us up the stairs before heading back down into the kitchen.

"What the hell was that about?" Harry asks me, and I shrug, acting as if I don't know, when I do. It's likely an Order of the Pheonix meeting. That's another reason Dad and I moved here besides Harry and the relationship. I'm pretty sure I see brewing between Sirius and Dad.

That's also probably why Remus didn't go concerned mum on us when Sirius prompted the idea, "Your lying," Harry points out and I blink, "Am not, even if it is what I think it is I can't speak of it regardless. It's not my position to tell you," I could tell Harry was frustrated with my answer, but he asked no more questions.

"Sooooo Y/n, you ready for your fourteenth birthday?" Harry asks, laying across my bed in an attempt to change the subject, and I groan, "No because all this means is that my boobs drop more and more hair grows." If he wasn't my best friend, I would swear on my mum's absence that I saw him blush when I mentioned my boobs.

But I'm not going into that right now. Later.

"I suppose that does sort of suck. I, on the other hand, am I excited for my birthday, It's my first one with a real family." He smiles gently, and I chuckle, "That is true." I lay beside him, looking into his eyes, him returning the gaze.

The room then fell silent, but a comfortable silence, the silence that made you feel warm and fuzzy inside and out. The silence makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. As we stared into one another's eyes, a blush slowly started to creep onto his cheeks, he looks away quickly, likely hoping I didn't see it.

But I did.

I get up off my bed and begin to start putting away all my new clothes, and I dump our freshly purchased candy on my bed, "Come on now, all this candy won't eat itself." I smirk, and he chuckles, sitting up.

The following morning, I sit down in my chair before breakfast and decide to pick up a book, "Y/n, darling, might I speak to you a moment?" Dad says, appearing in the doorway, gently knocking at my open door.