✰Chapter 4; Hogsmeade✰

"Yes Miss. L/n, I am aware that your guardian has signed your permission slip, however I am instructed to not allow you to leave the school, and that's my final word!" McGonagall turns on her heel and I throw my hands into the air in frustration.

Harry's aunt and uncle didn't sign his slip, so he couldn't go either, but at least we had each other. "Well, I'm going to speak to Remus about this. Coming along?" Harry nods and walks with me towards Remus's classroom,

"Rem! McGonagall said I couldn't attend the first Hogsmeade trip, Harry's aunt and uncle didn't sign his either." I say storming into the room, Remus shakes his head with a sigh, "I was afraid of this, I'm so sorry darl-" He pauses before continuing when he sees Harry in the room beside me.

"He knows Remus, there's a rumor going around about us and our," I shudder, "Our relationship." Remus looks at Harry and he nods as confirmation and his face turns a pale shade of green. "Sickening, honestly."

"You knew this could happen, and didn't think to tell me?" He sighs, rubbing my shoulder gently, "I told them to not let this happen, but I suppose to protect you they changed their minds."

"But Dad, I can protect myself, this isn't fair." I sigh, realizing after the fact I called him Dad, which I do every now and then, but not very often. "I understand sweetheart, but rather than moping around, let's go on a walk, shall we?" Remus offers and I look over at Harry who smiles softly and agrees. I could tell Remus is frustrated with me as he glares at me when he walks past both of us to lead us out of the room.

Remus was a way ahead of the both of us when Harry asked, "What's it like? Living with Remus." I couldn't tell him the hardships of him being a werewolf and turning once a month, of him leaving for a week out of every month.

"It's truly all I know, so nice I suppose. He's always treated me as his own, always provided and such," Which isn't completely true, due to him not being able to work as a werewolf. When we discovered Dumbledore had taken the chance, we threw a mini congratulations party in our dining area.

"That's good..." I hate the feeling of pitying him, but I'm sure right now he's wishing he had a Remus as well. I'm beyond grateful for my Remus, I would be on the street without him. "Do you think he would allow me to ask him a question?" Harry looks at me with high hopes and I give him a gentle smile, "Always Harry."

Harry smiles back at me and fastens his pace to walk alongside Remus, "Professor, may I ask you something?"

"You want to know why I stopped you facing that boggart, yes? I would have thought it'd be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort." Rem admits, walking with both his hands behind his back, motioning for me to walk up. I quickened my pace and walked on the opposite side of him that Harry was on.

"I did think of Voldemort... At first, but then I remembered that night on the train and the dementor." Harry pauses, looking over the railing of the bridge, his hands along the wooden rail. "Well, I'm very impressed. That suggests that what you fear the most is fear itself, this is very wise." Remus expresses.

"Before I fainted, I heard something, a woman... screaming." Harry says solemnly, "Dementor's force us to relive our worst memories, they take that pain and transform it into power." I inform him, looking up at Remus who nods.

Harry looks over at me, looking deep into my grey colored eyes, "I think it was my mother, the night she was murdered." Oh... I placed my hand over his on the railing, rubbing gentle circles, trying to comfort him in the only way I knew how.

"You know, the very first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar; but by your eyes. They're your mother Lily's." Harry looks at him with surprise etched on his features, "Yes... I knew her. Your mother was there for me at a time when no one else was, not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman."