Chapter 12: I love y- I mean magic

"Obviously, she prefers us," George and Fred joke with Ron while they argue who I like more. "But I've saved her life on multiple occasions!" Ron tries arguing, Hermione and I laughing at the three's bickering.

"So have we -"Fred begun, "From big bad Cedric Diggory back in her second year," George finishes. Which is true, Cedric had tried pursuing a relationship with me at the time, and I hadn't realized it, but Fred and George did.

Harry's head snaps towards me, "What?" I don't know what had changed, but suddenly he had a whole different aura around him.

"It was nothing really, Diggory had a crush on me, but it was sort of weird. I was twelve, and him fourteen, Fred, George, and Lee didn't like that much, though."

Harry and I got to the Weasley's only a few hours ago, and we were set to leave tomorrow morning for the Quidditch World Cup. But ever since then, Harry has been acting strange, and I can't figure out why.

"Diggory was a good mate of ours. You were just too young at the time." George states, "Not to mention the whole spider bite, he nearly lost it when he found out." Fred recalls, and George nods. "I don't think I'm fond of this Cedric Diggory... Isn't he the Hufflepuff seeker?" Ron asks, and the twins nod in sync.

"Yes, the seeker that went against Harry in third year when the dementors came into the match!" Hermione exclaims, recalling the event. "I believe I'm with Ron on this one..." Harry crosses his arms, and I shrug.

"I've got no problem with the lad. We were simply children, and still are." I state, and Ginny agrees with me, "Yeah I feel it's wrong to judge him for something he felt a few years back."

"Alright, children, it's beginning to get late. Off to bed with all of you! You've got an early start tomorrow!" Molly shouts up the stairs, and we do just so and end the conversation there.

In the morning, Hermione, Ginny, and I wake up earlier than the others in case Molly or Arthur needs some extra help with anything before we leave. "Y/n... You may want to hurry, Arthur has something he needs to tell you," Hermione says from outside the bathroom door, I could hear the grim state in her voice.

I quickly adjust my jeans, my wavy hair that flows over my shoulders and my t-shirt. "Coming now!" When I open the door, Hermione is no longer standing there, I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where I see Arthur and Molly standing there over breakfast.

"Y/n... I'm just going to get straight to the point. Pettigrew escaped their grasp before they could toss him in Azkaban. We haven't a clue how, but when they checked his cell for transportation last night, he was gone." My heart drops into the souls of my feet at his words, Pettigrew got away again.

"We believe someone helped him escape. We just don't know whom." And that's all that was said because the others began coming down the stairs for breakfast. After breakfast, I had told Harry, and he wasn't much happier than I was about it.

But we had things to get done. So, everyone grabbed their things, and we all left, on our way to gods know where.

"Hey, dad!" Ron shouts, and everyone turns back to look at him, "Where are we going!?"

"Haven't the foggiest! Keep up!" Arthur responds as we continue following him through the forest trees. Despite not knowing where we're headed, I still take a moment and enjoy the colors and scenery around me.

It truly is beautiful out here; I wish I could climb to the highest limb on the tallest tree and hunker down with a hot coco and a good book. I would spend hours up there, at peace.

No death eaters, Pettigrew, school or boys to think about. Just myself.

"Arthur!! It's about time, son!" A man shouts from up ahead, and I get dragged out of the land in my head quickly, "Sorry Amo's! Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start," Arthur turns his head slightly, looking at Ron and Harry. Ron being in the middle of a yawn.