♔︎Chapter 17: Her in His eyes♔︎

Harry's POV
_______________

"My Papa sent me a letter," Y/n smiles, holding up a letter from Sirius looking at me before reading it out loud.

Lil' pads,
I miss you oh so much! The house is lifeless without you and Harry here to add joy. Your dad and I heard the news right away about Harry being placed into the Goblet of Fire. And yes, we also did loads of research, and we found nothing. He must compete. Now, with him being in the tournament, we suspect the Daily Prophet will be making many updates. Be careful, darling. This year will be challenging, but you and Harry can do this. Remus and I will be here for both of you every step of the way. ♡︎

She finishes reading the letter with a sigh, and I rub my temples. "I'm sorry, Harry, we tried. We really did," She sits next to me with a small huff. "It's alright, really. Thank you for trying." I say with a solemn smile.

"You've got this, Harold," Y/n smiles at me, and I look down, picking at my fingernails, which I do sometimes out of anxiety. "I don't think I do this time, N/n... Ron is properly pissed with me for some god-awful reason." She shakes her head and places her hand over mine to put an end to my nit picking.

"It's Ron. He'll get over it. He's simply hurt at the moment. Give him some time." She tries reassuring me, and I nod hesitantly.

"Oh right, I meant to tell you... Dumbledore said that you could come with me for the photo announcing the champions. Seeing as I'm the youngest of em...If you want too that is" My voice drifts off now, rubbing my thumb against her hand.

She smiles at me and says, "Of course Harry, anything for you." I look down at our hands that lay in my lap with a grateful smile.

Without her, I wouldn't be here today, and I don't think she even knows. "Let's get a move on then, shall we?" She stands up with a gentle smile on her face, her h/l hair falling perfectly into place. Wish my hair did that, honestly.

Y/n offers her hand out to me, and I smile gently, accepting it, and she pulls me up from the couch. "Come on, lad, you've got this." She elbows me jokingly, and I chuckle, fighting the urge to grab her hand and intertwine it with my own.

As we walk down the halls, she bounces up and down slightly with each step, I don't think she's aware she does this. I have no complaints; I think it's adorable. This afternoon, it's just the two of us, Hermione's got class, and well, Ron is being a ghastly prick at the moment. Honestly, why the bloody hell would I put my own name into the Goblet?

I've had enough take place in my life. Why would I quite literally sign up for more danger? I swear he's dafter than what we give him credit for.

"Everything alright, Harry?" Y/n asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. My eyes widen slightly before blinking, "Oh, yes, um. Sorry, I was just thinking about... you know the whole situation." I chuckle nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. She laughs with a nod, fully understanding.

Godric, that laugh. I could have her laugh - no, her voice - no... both. If I could have her voice and laugh play on repeat, I would never have a moment of despair again.

When we reach the room, Y/n is told to stand in the front, which was slightly disappointing as I didn't want her leaving my side so soon. While me on the other hand, was told to stand next to none other than Cedric Diggory himself. It's not that I hate Diggory, I just don't like how close he tries getting to Y/n or how blind she is to see it.