☆ 31

Big Hit's trainee dorms were a bustling beehive of activity. Young men and women, all harboring dreams of stardom, filled the practice rooms with energetic dance routines and passionate vocals. Stepping into this world, the four friends felt a mix of excitement and apprehension.

Their first day was a whirlwind of introductions, orientation sessions, and talent assessments. Beomgyu, ever the social butterfly, quickly struck up conversations with other trainees, his infectious laughter echoing through the common room. Soobin, initially intimidated, found himself drawn to a quiet trainee with a passion for songwriting. Taehyun, always meticulous, diligently took notes during vocal training, his soulful voice catching the attention of a seasoned instructor. Even Yeonjun, usually reserved, found himself captivated by a dance battle between two trainees, their raw talent sparking a competitive fire within him.

Their days were filled with grueling training schedules. From dawn to dusk, they honed their skills, pushed to their physical and mental limits. Vocal lessons focused on technique and control, while dance practice demanded precision and power. Rap workshops helped Beomgyu refine his wordplay, and Yeonjun discovered a talent for choreography as he learned how to translate his artistic vision into movement.

Living under the same roof brought both challenges and camaraderie. Sharing a kitchen meant battles for fridge space and negotiating who washed the dishes. But late-night jam sessions in the practice room, fueled by instant ramyun and shared dreams, forged a powerful bond between them. They were a team, supporting each other through grueling exercises, offering pep talks after frustrating sessions, and celebrating each other's small victories.

One evening, feeling particularly exhausted after a brutal dance practice, Soobin slumped onto a couch in the common room. He felt overwhelmed by the pressure, the constant battle against fatigue and self-doubt. Just then, a gentle hand landed on his shoulder. He looked up to see the quiet songwriter from orientation, his eyes filled with understanding.

"It's tough, isn't it?" the trainee said, a soft smile gracing his lips. 

"But we all go through this. We wouldn't be here if we didn't believe in ourselves."

Soobin found comfort in his words. He realized that everyone in the building, despite their differences, shared a common dream. They were all striving for that coveted debut, and the shared struggle fostered a sense of camaraderie that transcended individual competition.

Meanwhile, unexpected challenges arose. Beomgyu, known for his freestyle rap style, struggled to adapt to the more structured verses expected by the instructors. Yeonjun's artistic vision clashed with the choreographer's, leading to heated debates in the practice room. Even Taehyun, usually calm and collected, found himself frustrated by the rigorous vocal training techniques that seemed to stifle his natural style.

One such evening, after a particularly frustrating practice session, the four friends found themselves gathered under the fluorescent lights of a deserted practice room. The exhaustion and frustration they held back throughout the day finally erupted.

"I feel like I'm losing my voice," Taehyun choked out, his voice raw with emotion.

"This choreography doesn't feel right," Yeonjun added, his frustration evident.

Beomgyu slammed his fist onto the mirrored wall. 

"They want robots, not artists!"

Soobin felt a lump form in his throat. 

"What if we're not good enough?" he whispered, his voice barely audible.

The silence stretched, thick with unspoken fears. Then, a voice broke the tension. It was Kai, the friend they hadn't seen in years. He had somehow tracked them down and decided to pay a surprise visit.

"Whoa, what's the mood in here?" 

Kai chirped, his usual bravado slightly subdued by the somber atmosphere. The four friends erupted into a flurry of explanations, pouring out their anxieties and frustrations. As they spoke, Kai listened intently, a thoughtful expression on his face.

When they finished, he let out a long sigh. 

"Look," he said, his voice calm and firm, 

"This is hard. It's supposed to be hard. But remember why you're here. Remember the dream you chased together."

He paused, his gaze flickering between each of them. 

"Don't let them mold you into something you're not. Hold onto your unique styles, your individual strengths. That's what sets you apart. That's the magic that made your audition stand out."

Kai's words resonated with them. They realized that while Big Hit offered guidance and training, their ultimate success hinged on staying true to themselves. They would have to learn to navigate the system, push their limits, and evolve as artists, but without sacrificing the very essence of their music.

With newfound determination, they faced the next morning. The road ahead was long and arduous, filled with challenges and uncertainties. 

...