☆ 28 : reunion

Beomgyu is still studying at his music school. Developing his guitar skills and dancing skills. He stopped drawing to focus more on his dancing practices. He knew, dancing was not his passion but he did it because of Yeonjun. Yeonjun has found a new interest on drawings. Sometimes he drew pictures of Beomgyu and hang them on the wall as for decorations.

One day, Yeonjun was sleeping and he woke up to multiple of notifications at 12:21 am. His eyes were puffy and blurry as he slowly went swipe through all the texts, the only thing he can see was user ID "Beomie bear" then YJ felt asleep. 

In the other hand, Beomgyu was spamming Yeonjun texts to tell him that he will moved to Yeonjun's school and visit his dorm tomorrow. In Korea was 11:29 am and Beomgyu is packing his stuffs, he didn't know at USA was already 00:21 am so of course Yeonjun would be too tired to even read his texts. 

The following weeks brought a whirlwind of reunions and college preparations. Yeonjun barely knew about awaiting Beomgyu's arrival, his dorm room transformed into a temporary haven filled with familiar art supplies and childhood photos over time. He's drawing Beomgyu and he heard footsteps behind him. Beomgyu saw Yeonjun's drawing and his jaw dropped from awe. 

As Beomgyu stepped through the door, laden with suitcases and a mischievous glint in his eye. Yeonjun is too concentrated to notice Beomgyu was standing behind him, looking at his movements.

" Junie is always as concentrating as ever, how cute. " 

Beomgyu silently tip toed behind his dear lover and whisper. 

" Yeonjun ah, you missed me? "

 Yeonjun flinched, turned behind and tackled him in a hug that spoke volumes of the months spent apart.

" Yeonjunnie , you haven't changed a bit," Beomgyu exclaimed, breathless with laughter. 

"Except maybe your room smells like paint thinner now. Anyways, your hair had grown longer since! "

" I should cut it short then, brown hair rapunzel? "

Yeonjun swatted him playfully. 

"Says the one who brought the entire music store with him." A stray glance landed on the guitar case leaning against the wall. 

"So, what new masterpiece are you working on?"

Beomgyu grinned. 

"Just a little something inspired by a certain long-distance love story. But first things first, show me your latest creations!"

The next few days were a blissful blur of shared meals, late-night jam sessions (much to the amusement, and occasional annoyance, of their dorm mates), and exploration of the vibrant student town. Yeonjun proudly showcased his artwork, a vibrant canvas depicting a cityscape pulsating with music, a subtle nod to their shared future. 

One evening, as they relaxed on Yeonjun's dorm room floor, strumming an acoustic guitar together, Beomgyu dropped a bombshell. 

"Hey Yeonjun," he began, his voice laced with a hint of nervousness, 

"Remember that waitlist thing at your school?"

Yeonjun's eyes widened. "Yeah, what about it?"

Beomgyu pulled out his phone, his fingers tapping the screen rapidly. 

"Well, guess what? I just got an email."

" What? I didn't know about that! "

Beomgyu raised his eyebrows and look at Yeonjun. 

" I did send you tons of texts about it on insta. Wdym by "what" ? "

Yeonjun dazed off and remembered he woke up to multiples of nofications last night. His face turned red and quickly grab his phone to check again. 

 [   🐻  ❤️  Beomie bear / Last online 13 hours ago

 Junie!! I got accepted in your art school!  - 00:21 am

I'm so excited! - 00:21 am 

Look! I'm packing up for tomorrow, can't wait to fly to New York to finally met you ~ 00:22 am

*inserts a photo of his ticket from Seoul to New York* - 00:23 am

Anyways bye Yeonjun, gotta go packing more stuffs for you now - 00:24 am

🦊 😘 - 00:25 am ] 

A beat of silence followed, thick with anticipation. Yeonjun brushed off his hair, as he trying to look away, he muttered:

" Oh really? I didn't know... It was too late plus I'm tired as hell from art theories. "

Beomgyu pouted, punched Yeonjun real hard. 

" But you promised me to always answer anywhere and anytime! You're so mean ~ "

Yeonjun made it up by giving Beomgyu multiples kisses and patted his head. 

" Okay okay, chill. I was just tired okay? Sorry Beomie. "

Finally, Beomgyu looked up, a triumphant grin plastered on his face. 

"Anyways, they accepted me!"

Yeonjun erupted in cheers, throwing his arms around Beomgyu in a bone-crushing hug. 

"You're serious? You're coming here?"

Beomgyu laughed, breathless from the hug. 

"Looks like it, my boyfriend. Looks like it."

...

The news sent shockwaves through their friend group. Soobin and Taehyun, overjoyed for Yeonjun and Beomgyu, bombarded them with questions through a celebratory video call. The prospect of all four friends being in the same city, albeit at different schools, filled them with a renewed sense of excitement.

However, Beomgyu's decision meant navigating a complicated situation with his original music school. With a heavy heart, he contacted the admissions office, explaining his dream of studying alongside Yeonjun and his desire to pursue a broader artistic education at Yeonjun's prestigious school.

The process was tedious, filled with paperwork and negotiations. But fueled by his determination and Yeonjun's unwavering support, Beomgyu managed to successfully withdraw from his previous school and secure a place at Yeonjun's institution.

The news was met with mixed reactions. Beomgyu's former professors expressed disappointment, while his friends and family showered him with congratulations. But the most important approval came from Yeonjun, whose eyes sparkled with pride and love.

Their reunion, initially planned for just the summer, stretched into the new semester. Beomgyu, now Yeonjun's official schoolmate, found himself adjusting to a new academic environment. The workload was challenging, but the joy of being in the same city, attending late-night art critiques with Yeonjun by his side, made it all worthwhile.

As they settled into their new routines, their friends, Soobin and Taehyun, kept them updated on their own adventures. Soobin, accepted into a prestigious program near Yeonjun's school, was busy juggling classes and apartment hunting. Taehyun, inspired by their long-distance success story, poured his emotions into his music, crafting melodies that spoke of unwavering love and the promise of a future reunion.

The four friends, scattered across different schools but united by a shared bond, embarked on a new chapter in their lives. The road ahead was uncertain, but with their dreams fueling them and their unwavering friendship as their compass, they were ready to face whatever challenges awaited. 

...