Chapter twenty eight: Rude

"...... "

The room fell into a cold silence again with Damien forcing a smile in front of the curious kid.

"Healing dragon?. Where did you get such a serious idea from?." Damien asked silently screaming to himself but still manage to maintain the smile on his face.

"Just tell me. Ever heard of it?." Evan asked again more serious.

"Well, from fairy tales of course. They don't exist." Damien lied with a bitter smile on his face.

"You're smiling too much. I know when something is lying they smile too much, and act unease. You're lying." Evan blurted out with a disappointed sigh.

"Ohh really? Or probably, when someone is lying, they avoid eye contact. Anyways, I'm not sure if dragons exist in real life. By the way why are you so concerned about dragons all of a sudden." Damien asked this time a little serious.

"Nothing. I'm just afraid of them and their presence is unpleasant. I feel like I've seen one before. I can't recall where and when." Evan replied staring at the room ceiling. Damien hummed at Evan's reply.

"You've seen one?." Damien asked more curious to know more.

"Let's forgot about it. I don't wanna talk about it." Evan stated and Damien respected his decision to change the topic.

"So how are you feeling now?." Damien asked trying to win back Evan's attention to himself.

"You're not the doctor right?. But anyway I'm fine. Just sick of this bed already. I wanna go outside." Evan complained.

"You're beginning to sound rude Evan. What exactly happened to you in your sleep?." Damien asked a little concerned at Evan's change of attitude.

"And how does that concern you?. You should be glad I still let you in this place after all you've done to me. I'm not gonna remind you of that day you pushed the little me into that deep pool to drown." Evan point out.

"You recall that!!?" Damien exclaim in shock.

"Not even God can erase that memory. You really hurt me during my childhood. You're also a bully. I'm letting you stay beside me because you saved my life. And it is so obvious you're helping my family in some way. You can win my dad over. But I'm so sure you can't win me over easily." Evan rude protest made Damien gasp.

"See kid, I understand you're going through hell right now. But please, can you at least be nice. I'm sorry for all I've done wrong to you. We all made mistakes and I was just a kid like you then. Why are you bringing that up now?." Damien asked with a serious frown.

"Of course I've gone through hell. Anyone can see that. Look at me! My birthday passed with me in a coma, I woke up to find my parents divorced, and my family is slowly tearing apart!. Why won't I be angry? Why won't I be sad? Why won't I be rude!? I'm dying not just physically, but also mentally!. I'm losing my mind over everything. It felt as if I woke up to a new world where everything and everyone is weird! And I hate myself for accepting this horrible fate!" Evan tears continuously wet his face while he kept struggling to get up from the bed.

"Evan stop struggling!. Stay calm." Damien try to warn. But Evan wouldn't listen. His emotions won the best of him and that made it so hard for Damien to control him.

"Doctor Roger!!." Damien called out and a tall handsome male doctor rushed in with a calm expression even after seeing the mental breakdown of Evan. The doctor approach Evan and brought out a shot from the table. With Damien's help, they held Evan in place and gave him the shot in his arm. After some seconds of struggling, he fell unconscious. Damien exhale and tucked him to bed.

"What's wrong with him?." Damien asked without averting his gaze from Evan.

"Let him rest for some hours. Just a little break down. He'll be fine. Call me whenever you notice anything unusual." Doctor Roger smiled and exited the room.

"Gosh... If this continues, I might just quit this existence already..... "

____________________________

New chapter out!!!

All thanks to my viewers and friends for their votes and encouragements. I really appreciate. Please vote for this chapter, and stay blessed....

Please watch out for the next chapter..... Thank you