Chapter nineteen: All hope is lost

Damien POV.....

"Doctor is there anything that can be done to heal this Amnesia? He can't be like this. The government want him to tell everyone all he knew about this false rumors. He have to stop it so his fathers company and property can be released by the government. He have to recall what happened!." I yelled impatiently.

At that moment, the ward door slowly opened and Mr Davis stepped in with his family carrying all sorts of sweet welcome gifts in their arms for Evan. The smile on their faced crashed when they saw my worried expression.

Annabella ran to hug me first with a worried but simple smile. I swept her off her feet and hugged her to my chest.

"You don't have to worry dear. He'll be fine. Evan will get better soon. Very son." I encouraged Annabella who still don't get the slightest clue of what I was saying.

"But he's fine now right?." Annabella asked innocently with a slow smile.

"Yeah he's fine. And he's excited to meet his adorable baby sister." I said with a laugh. But then Evan's next statement shocked everyone. Including me!.

"Baby sister!!. Wait I have a sister?. When?." Evan asked while sitting up on his bed. Obviously there was shock written all over his face.

"Huh.... Can someone tell me what's going on here?." Mrs Evan asked after some seconds of pin drop silence between us.

"Ma'am I'll need you to calm down. He'll be fine soon." Doctor Phillip said gently.

"Calm down?. What's Evan saying?. Obviously Annabella is his younger sister. Why's he so shocked and confused?." Mr Davis asked.

"It's Amnesia. Evan can't recall anyone." I answered sadly.

"What!! No!!." Lora who stayed silent all along spoke up. She hurried to Evan's side with threatening tears on her eyes.

"Evan look at me. You remember me right?. You can't have Amnesia. Tell me it's all a joke Evan. Please!." She broke down in tears while sobbing desperately for answers.

"Damien can you ask everyone to leave?. I don't feel safe around strangers. Make them leave please. I-m freaking out by their presence around me. Make them leave. Please." Evan requested slowly.

This is serious than I can ever imagined. Evan can't recall his own family?. How's this even possible?. I mean they love him so much. It'll hurt everyone to see their love ones treat them like strangers. Why's this happening?.

"Sir, ma'am, Lora, Annabella.... Please I'll need you'll to exit the room. Please. I'm sorry." I said gently not to offend anyone.

"Honey, our son can't remember us. He can't remember anything." Mrs Davis mumbled to her husband within tears. Mr Davis hugged his wife to his chest to comfort her. With heavy steps, Mr and Mrs Davis left the group hugging as they glance back at the confused Evan frequently.

"Is Evan ever gonna remember us?. Will he ever love me the same way he did before?." Annabella asked with tears.

Lora immediately hugged Annabella to her chest and they all exited Evan's room looking sad.

"They're gone now Evan. You feel much better now?." I asked Evan. He stared up at me and nodded slowly.

"Yeah. But I feel a little guilty for asking them to leave. I don't recognize them that's why I want them far away from me. I don't like strangers around me." Evan try to explain. But I shut him up.

"You don't have to feel guilty if you don't recognize them. They want the best for you so I guess they'll be fine." I comforted him with gently but sad words.

"Alright." He said and try to lay down to sleep again. I sat down on the bed beside him and he sat up immediately and covered himself.

"Don't touch me!." He yelled.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want to ask you some questions." I said gently not to scare him.

"What do you want?." He asked.

"Can you remember what made you so insecure around everyone?. Or why you don't like guys around you." I asked gently.

He stared at me for some seconds in silence. He closed his eyes and I waited impatiently for him. Seconds later, his eyes widened in shock and he adjusted his sitting position away from me.

That's a trigger!
He remembered something!!

"Evan what's wrong?" I asked worried when I saw the panic in his eyes.

"Evan?. Evan!. Talk to me. What's happened?. What did you see?." I asked impatiently.

"Three men.... They-" he couldn't finish his statement because I cut him off.

"They raped you." I sighed sadly. His eyes widened more in shock.

"You were there?. You knew all along?." He asked looking so confused and terrified.

"Evan, I have to go now. If you recall anything, asked a nurse to come get me." I said gently to him. I don't want to stress him too much with his most horrific moments. It's best I let him rest for some while.

I stood up from the bed and try to leave when Evan gripped my sleeve. I turn to face his worried expression.

"Don't go. Please. I don't want to be left alone again." He pleaded. He don't want me to go?. Wow that was unexpected.

"Ohk. I'm here. But.... I'm not gonna let you think too much about the past." I said and he suddenly asked.

"Was there someone else in this room when I was unconscious?." He asked. I thought deeply and shook my head.

"Apart from the doctors, nurses, your family, Liam and I, no one else was here with you." I answered.

"Who's Liam?." He asked curiously.

"He's my brother. We're schoolmates and he's your Friend.... " I answered.

"Friend?. But I don't have a friend." He hissed in irritation.

"I think you guys met at school and became friends. But, two days into your friendship, you fell unconscious and was rushed to the hospital." I explained.

"Who brought me here?." He asked again.

"I did." I answered shortly.

"And who're you to me?." He asked. I stayed silent for some seconds before replying.

"I'm not your friend or relative. But.... We attend the same school. And I kinda have a crush on you right from when we were kids at kindergarten. So I guess....we can be friends. Right?" I replied again.

"Wait are you gay?." He panicked.

"Yeah. But don't freak out. I'm not gonna hurt you in any way compared to what those horrible men did to you. I won't hurt you." I explained softly.

"I'll only keep you as my friend because you saved my life, check up on me while I was unconscious, and because you care for me. But.... You better kill that feelings you have for me. I'm not a gay person and I won't fall for you." He warned. I nodded with a laugh and he joined. We laughed together for some minutes before I tucked him to sleep.

I smile at his peaceful face while he's asleep. I think I'm falling hard for this boy. He's everything I can ever ask for. And I like the way we bounded so soon. Good news is, I'm now his friend.

____________________________

Hey guys..... I just wanna say, I'm sorry for the late updates. Lately, I've been really busy with some stuff and issues. But I'm back now.

And please watch out for the next chapter- 💕