Chapter twenty two: Divorce papers.

Annabella Villa.....

Mr and Mrs Davis sat quietly gazing at the silent night view from their balcony. The worried expression on their faces made the view unpleasant and blurry.

"Nothing can be done. I've failed as a father, husband, and CEO of my company. I've lost everything..." Mr Davis lamented.

"Davis, it's been two days now and Annabella is still missing. Evan's in a coma again and the government is still with our property. Mr Alex should be the one facing what we're going through right now because his son attempted to rape our son. But instead, he got away with it and turn the table at us. Also, Derek is out of jail and has left the country. He'll pay for this." Mrs Davis raged in fury.

"I have something Important to ask you.?" Mr Davis said gently.

"Yes... What's wrong?." Mrs Davis asked curiously.

"Can you trade Evan's happiness for everything we've both lost including Annabella?." Mr Davis asked and Mrs Davis fell into total silence.

"I- I can't. We'll find Annabella very soon. Evan will regain his lost memories very soon. And every lost property of ours will be returned. Including our jobs. You don't have to say that sweetie. Everything will be fine." Mrs Davis said with threatening tears.

"When exactly!!." Mr Davis stood up fuming with rage. "Take a good look around us!. We have nothing!. Evan's condition is getting worse, we're on dept from the company's shareholders, and the worst part of it is our daughter got kidnapped two days ago with no good assurance of her whereabout. You want me to sit back and hope for the best when everything keeps getting worse under our nose because of our ignorance!. Everything is crumbling before our eyes! We have to do something really fast to bring back all we've lost! Action speaks better than words!!." Mr Davis fumbled with angry tears.

"What exactly do you suggest we do?." Mrs Davis sobbed.

"I'm gonna sign that marriage contact between Evan to Mr Sterling grandson's. That's the only way to get us out of this mess. " Mr Davis confessed. Suddenly, a heavy slap landed on Mr Davis face.

"Are you crazy?. You're selling our son to that disgusting rich family who use their fame and wealth for evil?. You can't do that!. My son is not gay!" Mrs Davis retorted.

I've made up my mind. There's nothing you or anyone can do to change it. Evan must marry one of the sterling sons to save our family from braking apart." Mr Davis said bluntly.

"Really?. So this is what you think about Evan? As a bait or a tool?." Mrs Davis sniffed back her tears.

"Not that. Evan is the only one that can save us from this bundle of shame right now. Can't you see?. Mr Sterling promised to give Evan a good life if he becomes his Son-in-law. And we can have everything we've ever wished for. The fame, wealth and power. Evan deserves to be with the sterling family." Mr Davis greedily stated.

"Fame, wealth and power. Is it really worth selling your only son?." Mrs Davis sobbed gently.

"You can't talk me out of this. I've made up my mind and that's final. Evan's gonna be gay and he must get married to Mr Sterling's grandson. I'm signing those papers tomorrow and I want you to keep this a secret from everyone. No one must hear of this. Not even Evan." Mr Davis warned sternly.

"Is this how you want it to be?. Fine!. I'll keep my mouth shut and also, stay ignorant as long as you sign our divorce papers before you sign Evan's marriage document to Mr Sterling's grandsons. If this is the part you'll take, I'm not gonna be by your side. Sign those divorce papers tomorrow and I'll leave your life forever and never return." Mrs Davis said sternly.

"Are you sure about this?. I thought we already talked about this. The children needs us. You just wanna leave the children because I brought out a better solution to all this troubles we're having?. Don't you want Annabella to survive? The kidnappers are asking for 9,000 billion dollars. Where on earth can we get that kind of money from. Let's do this together and bring back the glorious family we once had." Mr Davis tried to persuade his wife. But Mrs Davis scoffed.

"Glorious family indeed. Sign those divorce papers tomorrow morning. I'm leaving for the airport immediately you sign those divorce papers with Lora tomorrow morning." Mrs Davis said and stomped off.

Watch out for the next part. 🔥🔥🔥😁😁😁