The beginning of the end

-Tzuyu is cool.- Jeongyeon stated as soon as they set foot in Nayeon's room.

-I noticed. What did you say to each other?

-We talked about the course we took and how we didn't understand anything, then about the study courses we took. She is due to graduate this year.

-Me too.- Nayeon said coldly.

-I know.

-Do you like her?- Nayeon asked, opening her closet.

-She's cute.- she said smiling.

-If she asked you out just the two of you, what would you do?

-Mh... I think it would be difficult for me to start a conversation but I would like to go out with her and get to know her, I have to be honest.

-So is this your ideal type of girl?- Nayeon asked throwing her pajamas on the bed. -Your prototype girl is her: Asian, brunette, with dark eyes...

-Also. In general I like Korean women, with dark eyes and hair.

That description sounded so much like someone.

-Why did you say that?- Jeongyeon asked. -In the sense... I understood what you meant by "having fun in bed", but I wouldn't want anyone to have misunderstood.

-Do you really care what Tzuyu thinks about what we do?

-No, but I don't like letting people know my facts, especially if they aren't true. Couldn't you just say "let's have fun" and that's it?

-Okay, okay, my bad. I am sorry.

Jeongyeon nodded. -All right.

-Come here.- Nayeon said, getting on the bed and opening her arms.

Jeongyeon came closer to her and her friend made her sit on her lap, hugging her, holding her close.

-I love you.

And once again Jeongyeon remained silent. Nayeon was used to her silences by now.

-You know that you are important to me, right?- Nayeon asked, looking straight into her eyes. She began stroking her hair. -So... Why don't we talk a little about Tzuyu?

-Huh? And what should we say?

-How old is she? Do you know it?-she ​​asked continuing to touch her beautiful brown hair.

-No, I have no idea.

-Twenty-two, Jihyo told me. She is from Taiwan but she moved here when she was twelve. And she's... Single. And Jihyo thinks she likes you.

-On what basis did she deduce this?

-She says she never acts like this with strangers. After all... Who wouldn't fall in love with you?

"You" Jeongyeon thought.

-So does she like girls?

-Yes, she also has an ex.

-Mh... What about Minhyuk? What type is he?

-He is cute. He seems like a complete idiot but he isn't. She even wrote me a poem; a little silly but adorable.

How could Jeongyeon even remotely compete with someone like that? Minhyuk was the kind of guy Nayeon had always dreamed of.

-Why was he already in your bed if you just met?

-Why not? We both wanted it, we both needed it. If a girl you like asked you to sleep with her, what would you say?

It had already happened.

-Yes, okay, I understand. Let's go to sleep? I am tired.

-I just want you to watch out for Tzuyu. I just want to protect you. You're practically my sister.

A sister she had slept with, a sister she had fallen in love with. Nayeon disgusted herself.

Jeongyeon smiled. -I know. And it's nice to have an older sister, even if by a year.

-And I would always have liked a younger sister, then you appeared five years ago.

-Minhyuk is lucky, I hope he realizes that, not like your ex.

-Not only am I amazing, but also cute.

-Decidedly.

-And I have a beautiful smile.

-Decidedly.

-And beautiful eyes.

-Decidedly.

-And I have a nice ass, he told me today.- She waited for an answer that never came. -Now don't you say "definitely"?

-I don't know, I don't spend time looking at it.

Maybe she happened to let her gaze slip and she had to admit that Minhyuk was totally right. Minhyuk was lucky to have a girlfriend who was so apprehensive and perfect, but also beautiful and sexy.

-But now let's go to sleep.- the brunette said trying to get up, but Nayeon held her on her lap.

Maybe it would be the last time as a single woman that she could do something like this without feeling like a traitor. But maybe she was betraying herself with those thoughts. She pushed Jeongyeon onto the bed and held her for several minutes. Jeongyeon didn't understand what was happening, it almost felt like goodbye. It was; not a physical goodbye, but a spiritual one, because Nayeon would end up with Minhyuk. The black-haired girl, meanwhile, was crying, sobbing, and Jeongyeon felt so helpless because she didn't know what was happening.

-I love you, Jeong.

Jeongyeon held her tighter. -Me too.

"But no, you don't understand, I really love you. I feel for you an affection I've never felt before, something I didn't think I could feel for a woman. Why do I have to live like this? Regretting for my whole life not having told you? Dying of jealousy when I'll see you smile with someone else and think that it could have been me? When I saw you with Tzuyu I understood how much I don't want that to happen. But can I ever deny you happiness?"

Nayeon didn't get up from that position that night and they slept like that, almost as if they were girlfriends. The next day Jeongyeon returned home, even though her friend begged her to stay. Nayeon knew well that Jeongyeon had Tzuyu's number and knowing that she couldn't control them drove her crazy.

The brunette received a message when she was on the bus but she read it at home. She was surprised that it wasn't Nayeon but the Taiwanese girl she had met the day before. She had invited her out the next day and Jeongyeon had thought for a long time what to do, and then accepted. She didn't say anything to Nayeon because she wanted to wait to see her in person to give her that news. Her heart was pounding and her anxiety was making itself felt. The end of the najeong had begun.

the book is almost over <3