Photo

-I'm exhausted.

-But you only wrote two pages.

-But an hour has passed!

-Okay, it's true, I'm tired too.- Jeongyeon admitted laughing. -I'll let you take a break.

-How did the interview go in the end?

-As always, they'll let me know later. I told you that the best choice is for me to work as an assistant.

-But you studied a lot.

-For now it's better if I look for a job as an assistant, then we'll see.

They continued talking about people they knew, their future plans, Nayeon's upcoming graduation, until Jeongyeon looked at the time.

-It's late, maybe it's time for me to go.

-But you have to help me with this. Please, Jeong, three more pages.

-Three!?

-Stay sleeping here.

-I have to go home, it's Mina's birthday.

-Oh yes. Why don't you introduce me to your friends?

Where to start? One: she had already introduced her friends to other important people in her life and those people had abandoned her, she didn't want to mix the two groups; two: she had to admit it, Nayeon, of all people, was her favorite, even though she would never say it, and she was a little jealous at the idea of ​​sharing her with other people. Already when Nayeon had told her about her friend Jihyo, Jeongyeon had turned up her nose. But Jihyo was a nice person and she already had a best friend, plus you could tell a mile away that Nayeon loved spending her days with Jeongyeon. This was the right time, Nayeon wouldn't abandon her, no, not her.

-I told you that I prefer not to mix groups.

-Just because your past friends were wh*res it doesn't mean it's best to keep me distant from your group of friends. We've known each other for five years and you've known them for more than ten, don't you think the time has come for us to get to know each other?

-Not yet. Now I have to go.

-But Jeong... I beg you! At least one more page, please.

-I don't want to be late. I also have to go home to get the gift and put on something decent.

Nayeon snorted. -I beg you.

-But Nay-

-You know what? If you don't help me, I'll take my shirt off in front of you.

-And what threat would that be?- Jeongyeon asked, feeling her cheeks on fire.

-You're embarrassed by everything, you'd rather stay and help me than see me without a shirt.

-But it's not like that.- Jeongyeon said, getting up. Then her eyes widened. -No! In the sense that I prefer to leave, not that... I prefer to see you take off... See you tomorrow.

Nayeon snorted. -Yes, bye.

Jeongyeon came down and greeted Mrs. Im. She then went to the bus station and managed to catch it just in time. She looked at her phone for a while and opened kakaotalk, finding a new "told you" message from Nayeon. What had she told her? She opened the chat and found herself in front of a photo of Nayeon's torso with only a bra on. The girl immediately closed the chat blushing, hoping no one had seen it, because she didn't want people to think she was that kind of person. Sure, she was twenty-three, but she still felt constantly judged and still too young. And then, no one should think that she liked girls. Of course, her friends and Ryujin knew that she was a lesbian, but no one else. She didn't want to let anyone know, she considered it a very personal thing. Truth be told, her sexual orientation had caused her some problems when she was sixteen. She had gone from being straight to feeling weird because of a celebrity. She alternated between "I'm bisexual" days and "it's just a phase" days and this went on for months. One day she finally convinced herself that she was bisexual and she suddenly felt happier knowing it. Then time passed and she realized that she found boys cute and maybe she would be in a relationship with them, but the mere thought of spending the rest of her life with one of them made her feel very melancholy.

She arrived home in time to take a shower, put on something nice, get her present and then head to Mina. The parents of her friend welcomed her warmly as always.

-Hey, you're here.- Momo said.

-Were you in Seoul?- asked Sana, Momo's twin and Jeongyeon's former classmate.

-Yes.

She brought the gift to Mina and the girl opened it, pretending not to pay attention to the money and she read the sarcastic note that Jeongyeon had written, as she had been doing for at least seven years now.

What about Jeongyeon's relationship with her friends? She knew they would never judge her, but even though she had known them for a long time, she still couldn't be herself. She sometimes regretted having said something or simply having not expressed her thoughts. Despite everything, she enjoyed spending time with them, even if she sometimes didn't feel completely at ease.

-Then? Any news?- Sana asked.

-I have to tell you some things.- Mina said.

The girls had this custom: they rarely met, but at least when they did they had gathered enough material to keep the conversation going. Then, you know, one thing leads to another and you always end up criticizing your old school mates.

-Who knows what happened to him.- Jeongyeon said, starting to search on Instagram for the classmate they were talking about. -It's not this...

-No, impossible.- Sana stated.

-What is his last name? So I'll look for it too.- Momo asked.

-Kim.- Jeongyeon replied.

-What about Nayeon? Do you want to let us meet her? - Sana asked.

Jeongyeon tensed. Since her friend had sent her that photo she hadn't had the courage to open the chat. A part of herself, she had to admit, deep down, but deep down, or maybe not so deep down, wanted to see it again, especially because she hadn't been able to do it well on the bus, but she felt guilty just thinking about it.

-Here... She sent me a photo.

-Wasn't she just your friend?- Sana asked with a smirk.

-What kind of photo?- asked Momo.

-So, she asked me to stay with her, but I told her no, so as punishment she sent me a photo... Nothing much, she's just without a shirt.

-What a punishment.- Mina commented.

-Show us.- Sana said suddenly becoming interested in the matter.

Jeongyeon thought she shouldn't do it because it was Nayeon's privacy.

-No, better not.

They continued talking, then Jeongyeon received a new message from Nayeon, asking her if she would be going the next day, as if she hadn't sent her a photo before knowing very well that she had made her perfectly uncomfortable.

-Well, nice tits.- Sana commented.

-Show me too.- Mina said. -What a hottie.