CHAPTER :- 15

The day Reniella answered Jasmine's phone call, I could already tell that she would throw a tantrum when I came home

The day Reniella answered Jasmine's phone call, I could already tell that she would throw a tantrum when I came home. I have prepared myself for that. Sooner or later, Jasmine will find out too.

"Who is that woman!" Jasmine held me at gunpoint in the living room.

"You do not need to know." I answered while continuing to walk towards the room.

"If you don't want to tell me, I'll find out myself."

I stopped and turned around. "She is under my protection, so don't try to disturb her." I gave confirmation by pointing at her face.

"Nicholas!" Jasmine shouted. She was very angry and fiery. "You don't respect me as your wife anymore?"

I chuckled. "Before demanding to be respected, please introspect yourself. Do you respect me as a husband?"

Jasmine remained silent.

"If you forgot, let me remind you. The day after Felix was born, a man came to the hospital and claimed to be Felix's biological father. Do you still remember your reaction at that time?"

I moved forward slowly and Jasmine walked backwards. "You yourself are not sure whether Felix is my flesh and blood or that man. I even had to do a DNA test to convince myself that Felix was really my flesh and blood. Even until I die, I will not forget that insult, Jasmine."

"Nicholas, that's enough," she said softly. She avoided eye contact with me.

"You said that you were trapped and slept with while you were drunk. I tried to believe it. But 5years ago, I again received evidence of your affair. Your nasty video with an actor, was clearly visible in my email.".

"Then with evidence of your repeated infidelities, you still hope to be respected as a wife? You should thank to Fang and Felix that I didn't divorce you!"

"Enough, Nicholas! Enough!" Jasmine screamed hysterically while covering her ears.

"I was wrong because I cheated on you, but there's no smoke without fire, Nicholas. I'm looking for validation out there because I never felt loved as a wife. Thirteen years of our marriage, you've never once said you love me or I love you. You never appreciate anything I do for you. We never talk much if it's not about children, and you only touch me when you're in lust. Can you imagine how lonely it would be for me to be your wife?"

I can only smile sarcastically. She really deserves to be crowned as the drama queen.

" Good. You really are an expert at playing victim, Jasmine. I admit, you are very talented as an artist , Lonely, you say? Who used to be so busy filming that they didn't come home for days, huh? Who always went to parties and came home drunk? Who are now so busy with meetings and campaigning here and there that they don't have time to accompany their children to study? So who is lonely here, Jasmine?"