CHAPTER :- 9

Today I will be home later than usual because there is a replacement schedule from the lecturer who was on leave last week

Today I will be home later than usual because there is a replacement schedule from the lecturer who was on leave last week. Fifteen minutes ago, the man who has an office on the second floor of the New Faculty of Economics Building sent me a message.

What time are you going home?

He asked via message.

Just go home first. I still have a substitute class until 5 o'clock.

I replied.

He couldn't possibly wait that long. But it turns out my guess was wrong.

I will wait.

That's what the reply said.

🍁
°
°

After the finishing my Business class at exactly 5 pm, I rushed to pack up my books and stationery. He must have been waiting for me in his car.

"Reniella, want me to help you?"

I looked up to see a figure standing in front of me. He's Sean, a student in my class.

"No need, thanks." I answered with a faint smile to appreciate his efforts.

I realized he had an interest in me, regardless of whether he was serious or just wanted to play around. However, I am not at all interested in men, let alone love. To me, that's just nonsense.

"I'll help you get to the gate, okay? You took an online taxi, right?" He was still adamant and tried to take my backpack.

I held my bag tightly then looked at him annoyed.

"Sean, I can do it myself." I said firmly.

He pursed his lips and raised his hands high. " In that case, be careful, yes. I'll go first."

"Alright. "

After the man in the checkered flannel shirt left, I left the classroom and walked towards the back of the computer lab using crutches.

For 3 days in a row he was always ready to take me to campus. I never thought he meant what he said. He always comes on time in the morning and doesn't forget to bring me breakfast. Every time he comes home from college, he will be in the car first and then I will follow. Because the car park is different from other lecturers' parking lots and is quite hidden, no one knows that for the past 3 days I have always been picked up by the deputy dean of the Faculty of Economics.

If anyone finds out, there will probably be excitement and rumors on campus, especially among the fanbase . When we are in class or passing each other in the corridor, we act professionally like lecturers and students. Every time I arrive at campus, I always get out of his car first and take a different route to him.

We don't do any deals for that custom. Everything just happened as if it had been structured and planned.

"Mr. Nicholas, can I ask you a favor?"