Last Phone Call

Ghost sighed into the phone when he saw Y/N calling him.

"I'm busy," he rasped into the phone call. "Better make it quick," he said.

Ghost just didn't realise that you were calling him, for the very last time.

"Oh uhm look Ghost...Simon, i just wanted to say i love you" i whispered my voice shaky "And i have for a long time but im just in a bit of a muddle" i say my voice cracking as tears began to spill "And im uh...i'll miss you-"

"Y/N," Ghost replied in a flat tone, still clearly annoyed with her from the beginning of the call.

As he listened to her say that she loved him, the annoyance shifted into curiosity. "Are you drunk?" Ghost replied.

However, as you started to cry, then it slowly started to hit him that this was a very different type of call...

"Im not going to see you again, just tell Price he was always like a father to me, and Laswell a mother, Gaz was like a brother, and Soap a best friend" i say between choked sobs "I dont have much time please promise me you will"

"What are you doing?" Ghost asked sternly into the phone call. "Where are you?"

However, when your list of people carried on, Ghost realised that you were not asking him to simply pass on a message, but rather asking for something entirely different...

"Y/N," Ghost replied, his voice suddenly soft. "Stop what you're doing..."

"I cant i cant im sorry but i cant do this anymore Simon im not strong enough i cant handle it-" i say between breaths, portraying my death as a suicide as to not cause any disputes whilst instead of a suicide it was a vendetta against our task force, but Simon didn't need to know that.

"Y/N, wait!" Ghost replied frantically into the phone. He was desperately trying to get through to her to get her to stop what she was doing, but this wasn't just a conversation anymore.

"You are strong," Ghost said with a reassuring tone. "And the task force...you just need to talk to someone, we'll figure this out," he said anxiously.

"Im sorry" i whispered "Oh fuck he's given me five minutes i have one left, just tell me you love me, i want, no need to hear it before i die please" i cried out.

"Y/N" Ghost said, the anxiety building in his voice as he realised what he was listening to.

She was going to...

"I love you, okay?" Ghost said with a soft tone in his voice, trying to calm you and prevent her death. "Now just come back, okay? Please come back," he requested, holding back his own tears.

"Oh god Simon he's going to kill me im going to die im going to-" i held back a choked sob as a gunshot rang out.

"Y/N!" Ghost replied frantically through the phone, a sense of dread rushing through him as he listened to her struggle.

Another gunshot rang out. And then another. Ghost was helpless to do anything, only being able to listen to your death on the phone line, her last moments of life.

There was nothing that he could do...

You were his last phone call.

You were the one person he fell in love with.

And now you were dead.