Hopeless Flirt (1316)

Ghost shifts the material of the gauze across your blood covered features. His touch gentle and careful not to cause you any further pain. Focus intent upon getting you cleaned up.Ten minutes ago, you'd been sparring with a rather cocky recruit. Helping Ghost teach a lesson about stamina over strength. And when you'd shown the rookie up, they'd thrown an ill-intended punch. Clocking you in the nose."How d'ya make a blood nose look so good, love?"

I scowled at him sourly "Fuck you" i mutter "Sarcastic bastard"

"So original, Marilyn."

Ghost's sarcasm is dripping. An attempt to lighten the situation.

"Don't be a wimp, love. It's just a little blood."

He leans over you. "And it suits your complexion."

"Your crazy you know that?" i say turning my head slightly to face him and give him better access to clean my face "Im gonna fuck that rookie up"

"I know."Ghost's gaze is intense. His eyes narrowing slightly. The light of amusement now dimmed. "He didn't hurt you on purpose though. I'm not going to punish a guy for making an honest mistake."The gauze is removed. Ghost turns his attention to the blood soaked towel in his hands. Cleaning you off is tedious, but oddly satisfying.

"What if i die" i say "Then what?" i raise a brow "You gonna punish him then?" i grinned.

Ghost leans back.The amusement returns to his expression. "You're not going to die from a bloody nose."The look on his face shifts again. Ghost's features are more serious now. A hint of disappointment. "Although you did make me worry about you."

"Awwwwh is my Lieutenant worried bout' me" i grin "Silly bastard"

Ghost leans closer with a small smile as he continues to clean you. The gauze now discarded. "You know I am." The tone of his voice is soft. A hint of warmth in his eyes. He lifts you chin with his fingers. "I'd be a bad Lieutenant if I wasn't."

I scowled, trying to hide my flustered state and looked away "If i do die....give Soap his body wash back...i stole it because he pissed me off, its under my mattress" i say changing the subject.

"I doubt you're going to die." He's still holding your chin gently with one hand, the other is now lightly stroking your cheek. "But I'll let Soap know. Might even give him extra duties for a week." His smile softens again as he makes a face at you. "But that doesn't mean you're off the hook either, love."

I pout "I didn't do shit though!" i say as i push his hand away and looking into the tiny mirror on the table, furiously wiping at the blood.

"That's the thing, love. You didn't do anything." Ghost's gaze is fixed squarely on you."You didn't get the rookie to apologise. You didn't yell at him for being a twat. All you did was get a nosebleed and worry me."

I looked up at him with a glare "You sadistic masochist bastard" i whispered in disbelief, a smirk on my face "Your cruel" i stated louder.

"Me, cruel? Love, the only person I'm cruel to is myself." Ghost leans in a little closer. His expression playful. "But I'm an absolute sweetheart in comparison to you. I'd argue that you're the cruel one." He taps the side of your face."You didn't even cry in pain. I was expecting something more dramatic than that."