Chapter Ten: You are my light

''Kage! come on! wake up..''

I slowly open up my eyes and her face appeared in my vision.

It took me a moment to find my voice, once I did. It was deep and gravel within pain and confusion.

So I spoke with the first words of her name on my lips.

"Claire?....''

Her blue eyes held my green ones, They were filled with shock and worry. I find her hands on my chest, yet they are wet. soaked in red.
Blood. mine....

My mind soared in dizziness, My vision were playing tricks on me, blurring my surroundings. My ears. The sounds muted and voices muffled.

Soon my name was heard...But only in a whisper. Before my world fades into black....

Once I find myself in a dark room, I was lying in bed covered in white sheets. My body sore and restless as I struggled to lift my eyes open.  

I weakly turn my head to the side and saw a small table next to my bed sitting there with a sliver tray filled with tools, There was a white box next to it and a couple of bottles as well sitting next to them.

My upper body was slightly cold and bare as I sat up slowly, Then I heard a door open and someone called my name in surprise.

I look up and see Claire standing in the doorway, She was wearing a white nightgown and her blond hair was worn free, Her beautiful eyes filled with relief as they catch the sight of me sitting up and awake.

With my name heard on her lips,  Claire rushed to me and threw her arms around my neck.

At first I froze, slightly hesitating then I wrapped my arms around the girl I love and she buries her face deep in my shoulder.

'' I was worried about you...'' Claire spoke softly as I brushed her hair gently and holding her tight in my arms. listening.

"I was so scared when I saw you lying motionless on the floor..And soon I realized that your were injured and I had to get help.''

Then she pulled away and glanced up at me.
I stay silent and brushed her hair away from her face. Claire searched my eyes and we stay still and silent.

I hold my hand on her cheek, My eyes flickered at her eyes and slowly trailed down to her lips.

I lean forward, so close that I can feel her heart pounding. I brushed a piece of her hair away from her face and trailed my finger on her chin.

Then I enclosed our space and press my lips on hers slowly.

Claire's body went completely still and unexpected that I kissed her without a warning but soon she accepted and kisses me back.

The room fades away and the space between us explodes.

My heart keeps missing beats and the pain on my body went numb...

Soon I pulled her close with my arms around her waist, her arms trapped my neck and she titled her head a bit, pressing her mouth hard against mine.

Then we slowly pulled away breathless. Our foreheads pressed on one another and I held her close while she kept her arms locked around my neck.

"Claire... I love you...so much.''  I whispered. ''sometimes...I just wondered how can I ever meet a amazing girl that healed my world...''

Claire's eyes soon filled with sadness as I spoke.

"you put light in my dark world...I forgot that there still light...''

Claire sniffed and hugged me, burying her face in my neck and cried.

I hold her and kissed her head. ''Claire... I love you.''

And those words returned back with that soft kind tone of hers.

'' I love you too Kage...''

⚔️             ⚔️ ⚔️

Once after my wounds were treated and some bandaged by Felina, She checks my forehead for any fever and replied ''Your lucky that you didn't get any deep major wounds. Though the cuts on your ribs and the one of your stomach is pretty major.  No fever has been noticed yet, But as for now just rest and keep still.''

Then she sighed and reaches for a bowl that was set on the table, taking out a white wet cloth and gently dabbed my face, replacing some sweat and she dipped it in the water then lie it on my forehead.

Then she checks the wounds and cleans them every once awhile.

Soon after a while, Felina took a thin sheet and lie it on me,

"Get some rest and try to not move as much..''

She ordered as she stood up, fixing the sheet and the pillows and soon left before I got the chance to tell her thank you. Yet I figure she''ll just wave it off and say ''No need to,''

I sigh and stared up at the ceiling. For such as I wonder how long it'll take me to heal,

I don't plan to rest for much longer than 3 days.

I knew we have to continue our journey.... Suddenly my heart skipped as I came to realization that I will be leaving this place....

Claire.

Soon a knock interrupted my thoughts and Kiver arrived in the room with a grin.

"Hey...You're finally awake. How are you feel?.''

I placed my hand to my face and winced.  '' Like I got hit by a bull.''

Kiver chuckled and walked over to Felina's side. Placing his hand on my shoulder.

"But I'm glad you're okay.''

I nodded and my face fell as my mind traveled back to last night....

Wait?.....

I glanced up at the others.

"Where are the Raiders?..'' I asked, my voice dropped dead low with a serious expression held upon on my face.

Kiver shook his head, ''They disappeared by the time you were knocked out..''

What did they came into the house for?....

Kiver and Felina glanced at each other in silence and then they both held their eyes upon me.

"They took Montana....''

What?....

My jaw dropped open as shock blew against me .

"Why did they take her?''

Felina folded her arms and frowned.

"Remember Montana's backstory? She was a human before and did mention that she is a Moonwalker clan.''

I sighed and placed my hand on my face as I finished Felina's words.

"Meaning she can transform which is very rare...''

Felina nodded. ''Right, we will find her Kage, But in the mean time, you need to rest.''

I shook my head. '' No, I'm not lie around while-''

"Felina's right Kage,'' Kiver interrupted. Folding his arms. '' You need strength to find that wolf but now is not the time.''

I rolled my eyes. ''Fine..Whatever. But I am not lying around for too long''

Kiver nodded at my comment and turns to leave with Felina at his heels. Soon they left me alone in the room,

I sighed and glanced across the room, My eyes drifted upon a window near my bed.  

I can hear birds chirping gracefully and squirrels chattered gently as they ran across the green hills.

I clutched onto my fist and stared up at the ceiling as I lie back against the pillows.
what are the Raiders gonna do with Montana?....

I shivered at the thought and forced to block that thought away, Trying to lock up all of my negative thoughts and shut them off....