Chapter Eight: Infinity in love

''Remember Kage, Don't let yourself get too attached to people, If you do...you will lose a loved one...''

That voice in my head echoed and it wouldn't' leave me alone..

Stop it! You are lying through your teeth!

"I am speaking the truth, You dare doubt me and I'll cause you much more suffering-''

Shut up!!

"I know it is your fear. But just hear me out-''

No! I will not!

"Kage, Remember..Don't you dare get yourself too attached to others..or it's gone for good..''

No! Shut up! shut-

"Kage..''

Stop it! I said to stop!

"Kage! Snap out of it!''

No I will not-

"Kage! wake up!''

Soon once I snapped back into realty, I found myself sitting up in bed with a pair of hands placed upon my shoulders,

''C-Claire?..''

I swallowed hard as I struggled to catch my breath, glancing around frantically as my face turned pale and sweat dripped on my face.

I found myself remembering that I was in a room and had fell asleep after a long day of-wait?..

I glanced at Claire, who sat on the edge of the bed, holding onto my shoulders as if she was trying to shake me awake from my nightmare.

I was confused... My head started pounding at the intense thoughts that I was receiving.

''Is she the girl who was...no..that's not right..who was that voice?..what's going on?!''
Don't you dare get yourself too attached to others...or it's gone for good..

"Hey..Are you okay?.'' Claire asked. Her eyes filled up with worry and concern.

I sighed, Tearing my eyes off way from Claire and nodded.

'' I'm fine..''

Claire frowned. '' Well I know you had a nightmare-''

'' I'm used to them.'' I broke in. '' I'm fine..''

"But-''

Then I gritted my teeth and glared at her with anger in my green eyes, '' Claire! I said I'm fine! alright?!''

"Don't you even dare try to snap at me, Kage!''

Claire hissed back, her hands firmly clutched deeper into my shoulders.

I stared at her in shock and keep quiet.
Claire blushed a little and gave me a small cute glare as she pulled her hands away.

Soon silence came upon us, breaking us off into our own thoughts.

I sighed and decided to speak up.
''Sorry..I was being rude..''

Claire lift her blue eyes up at me and she shook her head.
''Don't be, it's okay...''

Then she glanced away in shyness but I spoke out a question as I lowered my eyebrows in concern.
''Why are you awake?..''

'' I-I couldn't sleep...so I just thought I could head outside to get some fresh air...until I happen to hear you mumble in your sleep..the door wasn't shut all the way..''

I took a deep breath in and spoke. '' Oh..well do you want me to accompany you? That is, if you still want to head outside.''

Claire smiled at me. '' I would love that, that is um...you scared of heights?''