Chapter Six: False Hope

''Kage! we need to keep moving!''

My ears were ringing and I couldn't understand what Montana was saying, My vision was fading into black.

I clutched onto my shoulder, struggling to keep pressure on my wound as I struggled to run after the wolf.

Soon we reached to the other side of the battlefield, but we had to get away from it.

Though my brain was screaming at me, Begging me to take a rest but I refused.

Through my knees were getting weak but I kept running.

"Kage, stop running.'' Montana said,

"What?'' I said, slightly confused but I obeyed her command anyway and soon fell to my knees, panting and gasping.

Montana ducked her head under my right arm, soon she managed to gather my limp body on her back. Then she braced herself into a run,

"Hang on tight Kage!'' She warned as a bomb exploded near us, I lifted my hands on her fur and weakly clutched onto it.

Soon the world fades into black.....

⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️

My eyes struggled to open, But when I finally managed to lift them, everything was a blur at first.

I blinked weakly after a couple of times until my vision got stronger. The first thing I saw was a ceiling made out of wood.

I slowly sat up, wincing at the pain in my shoulder. From what I have witnessed, my wound was bandaged and was resting in a sling, I was wearing a white drawstring shirt and noticed that my black waistcoat vest lying near the bed which I was placed on,

When I swung my legs over to the edge of the bed, I felt sore and dizzy,

But I intent to ignore the pain and forced my body to step away from the bed. Only after I slipped on my waistcoat and my boots, I sighed, relived that I managed to pull them on with my useless right hand that is resting in the sling.

After that was set and done, I slowly walked on weak legs and made my way out of the room.

When I opened the door, I slightly gasped at the amazing view I was witnessing.

I wasn't staying in a cabin in a forest, no, I was on a beautiful mountain cliff and what I saw made my heart flutter with amazement.

The view had a mountain area that spreads all around me, there was a stunning giant waterfall and a couple of trees that were changing into fall colors,

I can see the sunset beyond the mountains and the clouds were changing color of light pink or orange.

It was a stunning view, yet like my worries had melted away,

And I soon realized that I wasn't the only person who was staring out at the view.

There was girl sitting on a large rock, she held her knife and was craving her wooden bow, her arrows on the ground and she was humming out a strange song that I wasn't familiar with. yet it was beautiful.

She suddenly stopped humming and turned her head to face me,

''You're awake? You shouldn't get up at this time.''

Felina stood up and took my good arm, leading me over to the rock and we sat down.

Then we fell into silence, I glanced at the view once more and jumped as I felt a punch slammed on my arm.

I flinched in surprise. ''Whoa! hey! what was that for?!''

Felina folded her arms and glared at me. '' That was for nearly giving me a heart-attack, not just me, but the others felt the same way.''