Walking up trees...?

"What's wrong sensei?" Naruto asked, dragging my attention back to the small group. I moved over with Oskar and Aya to sit by them. Kakashi seemed to be deep in thought, but at least he was sitting up. He seems like he's doing at least a bit better.

"Huh? Well...Body erasing teams usually dispose of the body of the person they killed on site." Kakashi sighed.

That's what I thought...I glanced down at Aya.

"So what?" Sakura asked, not seeing the obvious problem in front of us.

"Don't you see? How did that masked boy dispose of Zabuza's body?" Kakashi looked at us.

"Huh? How could we know? That masked guy took the body with him." Sakura scoffed.

"Yeah...If he needed proof of his work he could have just taken the head and the weapon that he used to kill Zabuza."

Silence filled the small group. He only killed him with simple needles through the neck right? We slowly put together the missing puzzle piece. Zabuza was alive.

"No way..." Sasuke's eyes widened.

"What are you guys talking about?" Tazuna looked at us confused.

"Most likely, Zabuza is alive." Kakashi's eyes darkened as he responded to Tazuna's question.

Tazuna, Naruto, and Sakura's faces turned to horror. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN?! KAKASHI-SENSEI YOU CHECKED AND SAID THAT HE WAS DEAD!!"

Oskar whined at their loudness and I covered his little pup ears. "Lower your voice please." I rolled my eyes at them.

"Yeah, I did...But that was most likely just a momentary death. The needle that the hunter nin used...Unless it hits a vital organ, it has a low probability of killing your opponent. It's even an item used by doctors in acupuncture therapy. Hunter-nins know about the body structure thoroughly. Putting a person in a momentary state of death is probably easy for them. First, he carried away the body of the much heavier Zabuza. Second, he used a weapon that has a low probability of killing. These two points indicate that his motive was not to kill Zabuza but to save him. We can't ignore that possibility." Kakashi finished off.

Tazuna looked at him "Aren't you thinking too much? Hunter-nins are supposed to kill missing-nins."

"No...With all the suspicion we will prepare before it's too late. That's the shinobi rule."

In all honesty, I wasn't paying that much attention. My eyes were focused on Sasuke. I had never noticed how much of a resemblance his hair looked like to a ducks ass. My eyes narrowed as I scooted closer to him, tempted to poke it.

"Plus," Kakashi continued, Aya nudging me to look at him. "Whether Zabuza is dead or alive, There's no assurance that Gatou hasn't hired an even stronger shinobi.

"Sensei what do you mean by preparing before it's too late? You can barely move." Sakura tilted her hair.

Kakashi let out a small chuckle, "You guys will receive training."

"Huh? Training? What's a little training going to do?! Our enemy is a ninja you struggled against even with the Sharingan!!" Sakura glared at him.

"Sakura, who saved me while I was struggling? You guys are growing rapidly. Especially Naruto!! You've improved the most." Kakashi smiled behind his mask.

I haven't improved at all. I let out a small sigh. I looked down at my hands. My gloves were on still. Aya had basically trailed behind me with them in his mouth when I almost left them at the fight scene with Zabuza. Right before the boy 'killed' Zabuza, Aya hissed at me to put them on.