𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Chapter 08

Chapter 08.
The Auction

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

( Delilah's outfit for the episode ^^^)

Jackie and Delilah were stood with apologetic smiles behind the Walter Cider stall, which Jackie had practically dragged Delilah along to help out with. Alex was struggling with the wooden piece of machinery and well Delilah would have gone to help him but she had just gotten a manicure and didn't want to ruin her nails.

"I'm so sorry for the wait" Jackie says with a smile as she looks over at Alex who was staring at her with a 'help me' kind of look as he struggled to pull down on the lever of the Cider machine.

"We're experiencing some technical difficulties, please try again later" Delilah says in a mocking customer service voice as Jackie elbows her in the ribs before smiling at the man and handing him his money back. The man sighs in annoyance, harshly grabbing his money back from Jackie before walking away with his friends who were all laughing, causing Delilah to stick her middle finger up at the bloke behind his back.
Delilah leans against the stand with a bored pout as she watches Jackie run over to Alex who had given up on trying to get the cider machine to work and had jumped down to talk to Jackie.

"Anything from Will?" Jackie asks hopefully as Alex takes out his phone before shaking his head in response.

"Uh, I texted but I haven't heard back" Alex replies with a shrug as Jackie crosses her arms with a sigh and looks around as the crowd begins to applaud and cheer.

"Welcome everybody to the Silver Falls High Homecoming Huddle and charity drive!" The announcer on stage shouts as the crowd cheers ecstatically.

"Wanna go check out the madness?" Alex asks, nudging Jackie with an excited smile.

"I don't think we should leave Delilah alone to manage the stall and the cart" Jackie says with a frown as Delilah lets out an offended gasp, she's responsible enough, plus it's not like she can sell anymore Cider anyway.