𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

02

02. New School, New Me...or not

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Delilah was lounging on her bed, with her head hanging over the side, watching Jackie unpack her suitcase full of clothes into one of the chests of drawers. Delilah may be rich but she preferred to travel light and only had a small range of clothes that she alternated between, unlike Jackie who had brought her entire New York wardrobe.

"Jackie, Delilah, it's me. Can I come in?" Katherine shouts from outside the door.

"Sure" Jackie shouts back as Katherine opens the door with a frown on her face.

"Will told me about what happened at the pool, I am so sorry about Albert. He just gets really excited sometimes" Katherine says with a laugh as she shuts the door behind her and enters the room.

"So, how are you two settling in? Seems Delilah has made herself at home" Katherine states with a chuckle, as Delilah sends her a small wave before rolling back onto her bed since she was starting to get dizzy.

"I'm sorry that we're taking up your space" Jackie says as Katherine shakes her head dismissively.

"Oh please, I do not have time to paint anymore with all the kids running around" Katherine explains as she picks up an easel with some paintings on and moves it to the corner of the room.

"Oh, Katherine, I meant to ask but is it alright if I use some of your painting supplies? , I didn't pack any of mine" Delilah says with a hopeful expression.

"Of course, Delilah. I'd be more than happy for you to use anything in this room, as long as you let me see your final pieces when you're done" Katherine says with a small smile as Delilah nods happily in agreement, she didn't normally show anyone her artwork but Jackie, however if that was the price for her being allowed to use the tools then she would be fine with that.

"Did you study veterinary medicine at Columbia?" Jackie asks intrigued as Katherine shows Delilah where all her good art supplies were stocked throughout the room. "I saw the picture of you and my mom" She adds

"No, I got my first degree at Columbia, and then I went to get school at Colorado State. Such a long time ago" Katherine explains with a reminiscent look as Jackie lets out a breathy chuckle.

"You're so much like her" Katherine says with a warm smile as Jackie nods her head with a grin and Delilah reaches over and places her headphones over her ears and starts blasting music, knowing that the conversation was a way for the two to talk about their grief and she didn't need to listen to it.