𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Chapter 05

Chapter 05.
The Promise

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Delilah and Jackie entered the Lark cafe with Delilah heading straight towards the ice cream freezer whilst Jackie crouched down surveying the different cakes and muffins on display. Delilah came back over to Jackie, also looking through the glass screen at the assortment before they made their way towards the till.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The woman behind the counter asks with a smile.

"Do you have any raw cakes?" Jackie questions as the woman looks to the cabinet beside her.

"Umm no, not today. But I have a gluten free polenta cake and a vegan flapjack" The woman counters with a smile.

"Okay, great. I'll take the flapjack and a matcha chai latte, please " Jackie responds with a smile.

"And two scoops of strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone" Delilah adds with a grin as the woman behind the counter chuckles at her enthusiasm.

"Sure thing" The woman chuckles walking towards the coffee machine before pausing in realisation and walking back towards the two girls.

"Oh my God. Wait, are you Jackie and Delilah?" The woman asks as the two in question turn to look at each other confused before nodding.

"Yes?" Jackie states with a frown as the woman gives them a large smile.

"I'm Hayley" Hayley introduces as Jackie and Delilah continue to stare at her in confusion.

"Will's fiancé. He told me all about you two. It's really good to meet you both" Hayley adds as Jackie sends her a small smile with a nod.

"Will never mentioned how stunning his fiancé was" Delilah flirts a grin etched across her face as Hayley chuckles to herself, amused by Delilah's antics.

"Is it that obvious who we are?" Jackie questions with an awkward chuckle.

"Oh that you're New Yorkers? Yeah afraid so." Hayley retorts with a shrug.

"How are you two finding small town life?" Hayley asks with a warm smile.

"It's...fine/ I love it" Jackie and Delilah reply simultaneously.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Look it's a big change but you'll get used to it" Hayley says reassuringly as Jackie sends her a thankful nod.

"At least now you know where you can get your matcha fix and the best ice cream in town" Hayley adds playfully causing Delilah to send a beaming smile towards the woman. She had to admit, Will has good taste in woman.