𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Chapter 04

Chapter 04.
The Prank

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Delilah had been forced by Jackie to go on a morning run with her. Delilah hoped this was a one time thing and she wouldn't be roped into doing this everyday. Running was not something Delilah wanted to do, whether that be recreational or just ever. The only reason she had even remotely considered going this morning was because Jackie had promised to buy her as much ice cream as her heart desired after school. Who was she to turn down free ice cream, even if it meant a small bit of running (torture) in the morning.

Delilah and Jackie exited their room only to pause upon spotting Olivia trying to creep quietly out of Cole's room. The three of them stared at each other in both shock and confusion before Olivia quickly sprinted down the stairs away from them and out of the house.

"Did that just happen?" Delilah questions both amused and a tad bit confused. She knew Cole slept around but Erin had seemed so sure that she was the only girl he was currently seeing and yet her best friend just came out of his room.

"I think so" Jackie replies with a shrug, too tired to even think about it, nor did she really care who or what Cole Walter's did. The same could not be said for her friend however. Yet, Delilah just nodded along to Jackie's words with a hum, going for the whole I don't like him approach and telling herself that yesterday didn't mean anything. Delilah and Jackie made it to the front porch to find Nathan sat on the steps, doing up his shoes, obviously about to go for a run as well.

"You run?" Nathan asks with a smile as Delilah and Jackie take a seat on the steps beside him.

"Helps me to think" Jackie replies as Nathan nods in agreement.

"Yeah, it's good to get away sometimes right?" Nathan retorts before looking over towards Delilah who looked like she would rather be anywhere else but there.

"I hate running, but because I'm such a great friend, I thought I would run with Jackie to keep her company" Delilah replies sarcastically with a grin as Nathan turns to Jackie with raised eyebrows.

"I promised her free ice cream after school, remember that if you ever need to get on her good side, ice cream and lollipops are the way to Delilah's heart" Jackie explains with a playful grin.

"I'll keep that in mind" Nathan replies with a smile before glancing between the two girls.

"Do you two wanna join me?, I just gotta finish lacing up" Nathan questions as the three of them watch Olivia drive past them.

"Does Cole often have friends stay over?" Delilah asks curiously

"Friends?" Nathan repeats as Jackie and Delilah give him a 'you know what i mean' look.