𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Chapter 06

Chapter 06.
Revenge

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Delilah and Cole had returned to the ranch just before dinner. Jackie had texted Delilah during the drive back assuring her that everything she needed to enact the prank was ready and they were just waiting on Delilah to return home so she could get it all set up.

"What took you two so long?" Katherine asks with a curious expression as Delilah and Cole enter the house.

"I was showing Delilah the watering hole" Cole explains with a shrug as he walks over to his mom and brings her into a side hug.

"Do you mind going out to help your father in the barn before dinner?, the rest of the boys are with him" Katherine asks as Cole nods his head before backtracking out of the door and out towards the barn.

"Shall we begin?" Delilah asks with a smirk as Jackie who had been waiting at the top of the stairs for Cole to leave, runs down holding a bag containing the items for the prank.

"We won't have long until George brings the boys back in for dinner" Katherine states as Delilah and Jackie nod. Delilah rummaging through the bag and pulling out the items she needed for her part of the prank, whilst Katherine and Jackie finalise the final aspect of it.

"Which door would you the boys use to come back into the house from the barn?" Delilah questions, looking between the back porch and the front door.

"I've told George to make sure they all come in the back door" Katherine states as Delilah hums in approval, at least she knows they'll all be going through the same door.

Delilah makes her way towards the back door, pulling a chair with her which she places in-front of it. Delilah then places two buckets on the table and fills one with syrup and one with feathers. She then hoists herself up onto the chair so she can reach above the door. Delilah carefully creates a contraption to hold the two buckets in place above the door and that would allow them to be dropped individually when a certain string was pulled.

"Jackie, can you give me a hand here?!" Delilah shouts, hearing a small 'coming' shouted from the other room before Jackie enters walking over to Delilah, whilst Katherine leans against the doorframe watching the two of them at work with a reminiscent look.

"Pass me the buckets, please" Delilah instructs as Jackie nods, carefully handing the buckets up towards Delilah who gently places them onto her contraption above the door, attaching the pieces of strings to each of the buckets.

"That should do it" Delilah says with a nod, stepping down and tying the ropes to the chair she used for the time being. Delilah then pulled out a see through plastic sheet and laid it on the ground beneath the doorway. It's hard to see unless you explicitly look down at the floor and even if they do see it, they won't realise what it's for until it's too late.