𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Chapter 07

Chapter 07.
Deny. Deny. Deny.

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

As soon as Delilah was up and had thrown on a pair of denim shorts and a crop top, she had found herself being dragged out towards the barn by Jackie, claiming that Will was going to show them some sort of family possession used in creating cider for the upcoming fundraiser and football game. Will excitedly threw a dusty old sheet off the wooden contraption causing Jackie and Delilah to share a look of confusion.

"It's very...wooden" Delilah states with a cough, tilting her head at Will who was looking at their reactions expectantly and let out an exasperated sigh at Delilah's comment.

"Oh wow" Jackie says with an unsure look "What is it again?" She adds with a frown as Delilah moves out of the way so Alex can put his horse back into the pen beside them.

"Abigail Walter sold cider to weary prospectors with this very cart during the Colorado Gold Rush" Will explains enthusiastically as Delilah just nods along with a blank look, she doesn't know why Jackie made her come along to this when she would much rather still be in bed.

"Her grandson, Bernard Walter, used it for bootlegging" He adds as Alex finishes putting his horse away and jumps into the conversation.

"Allegedly. Though, I will admit, his nickname was Boozy Bernie" Alex retorts playfully causing Jackie to chuckle whilst Delilah turns to look over her shoulder slightly and out of the barn doors, where she could hear the voices of Cole, Lee, Isaac and Parker. She looked between the three of them before backing away slowly and slipping out of the barn doors, she didn't care much for a history lesson nor did she want to stay and watch Jackie and Alex subtly flirt with each other.

Delilah walked over to the fence near where Lee was standing petting Custard and leant up against it, watching as Cole threw the football to Parker who caught it in her hands causing her to smile proudly at him.

"Perfect. Now, when there's a defender on you, you gotta stay focused because you gotta create separation." Cole explains as Parker walks back over to Cole handing him the ball back.

"Okay? Take it easy." Cole says warningly towards Isaac who was now going to act as Parker's defender. Delilah pulled a lollipop out of her pocket and plopped it in her mouth as her eyes followed Cole's movement as he adjusts the ball in his hand, looking for Parker.

"Number 19 was having a heck of a day until Isaac Garcia stepped off the bench..." Lee commentates, coming to stand next to Cole who was holding the ball, waiting for Parker to get into some space away from her defender.

"Gotta get open, P" Cole insists as Parker runs around desperately trying to shake Isaac off her. "Make him fake" He shouts before throwing the ball towards where Parker was running, however Isaac blocks the pass by jumping up and catching it in his hands causing Parker to frown.