eight

Connections of Dots

(HUENING KAI)

   As soon as me and Beomgyu were heading home, our heads immediately turn around as soon as we heard a clamor not so far away from us.

   We're completely baffled when a crowd circles a certain spot, and I quickly recognize that tall black haired guy trying to squeeze in to pass through, wanting to reach whoever's surrounded. Perhaps Yeonjun? Soobin wouldn't bother to do that disregarding him worrying.

   Their relationship is seemed to last long, as it's predicted to be unbreakable. Soobin, whom I know has social anxiety, was struggling to meet someone new except for us two. Yeonjun sure is a social butterfly, but they seem so close together that night where I came to apologize.

   I snap out of my thoughts and pull the hem of Beomgyu's uniform, "Isn't that Soobin?" I look at him in the eyes as I asked about something I'm interested about. He raises his eyebrows at me, and I point the crowd nearby. His height is outstanding, so I'm sure he'll notice it in a short amount of time as well.

   The long haired boy beside me nods and confirms, "There must be something happening," He assumed the same thing as I did. It's obvious though.

   I sigh, "I hope they're okay," I stated hopefully. As introverts, we both just stood still distant from the crowd, not wanting to move closer because Yeonjun's fans are crazy.

   "Soobin will take care of it well, you know that guy." Beomgyu reassures my overthinking thoughts, patting my back for additional support. That makes me lighter. I trust Soobin, but I'll both be cautious about Yeonjun. Not like I don't trust him though, there's just something odd about him.

   My ears perked up as soon as I got an idea in my head, perhaps now's the time to use my power. But then I remember something, "Isn't Soobin-hyung afraid of gazes?"

   I can feel that Beomgyu's heart had dropped, "Shit." He swore, then started to stomp on his feet regretfully and impatiently, his eyes wandering around on the crowd.

   I hold back a concerned frown, "Hyung, I'll get going. I have something to do." I excused myself politely and speed walked out of the situation.

   I'm now in a quiet environment, this old house is abandoned, as the walls are plain and webs are made on the corners. I sit down, and close my eyes shut. I'm met with pure darkness, but when I count to three, I open my eyes and I'm now in a different place.

 I'm met with pure darkness, but when I count to three, I open my eyes and I'm now in a different place

   I have to know whether Yeonjun's a part of us.

   I move my fingers, and drew an invisible rectangular board in front of me. The figure of my board where I write down my plans appears, and the last time I wrote on it was still there. It's been a long time, so I should be fast unless I'll get lost amidst a non-existent dimension.