three

Lingering Feeling

As their lips met, Huening Kai's jaw dropped with his mouth wide open. Yeonjun quickly acted fast as he moved away, successfully dodging Soobin's punch that was done out of instinct.

After throwing a strong fist that was dodged, he was getting a lot of attention from other classmates. Soobin's heart started to ache, the passage of the air in his lungs slowly closing, along with his esophagus that caused the difficulties for him to breathe, as he felt like he will soon suffocate because of his body already tensing under the eyes of his classmates. 

Awkward silence was washing over them, not the peace that Soobin wanted. He timidly looked around at his classmates that was now staring at him.

There's eyes everywhere...

They're looking at me..

"MOM!" A 10-year-old Soobin shouted, burning tears were continuously rolling down his cheeks as he get dragged away from his dad's grip.

The sight of his mother bleeding made him feel like throwing up with apprehension bursting through his entire heart, inside and out.

He stubbornly tried to get out of his father's strong hands that was on his shoulder, not until he shouted at him.

"Soobin-ah! can't you stop begging for your mother?! you're making it even harder for me, damn it!" His father had an outburst, the veins in his head visible as his eyebrows knotted together.

Soobin got pushed by his own father, making him stumble and fall onto the ground with a loud thud as other nurses and patients looked directly at him.

He stood up strongly, his fists ready to fight. Soobin threw one of his hands, and his father had dodged it. Getting mad, he threw another one but again, his father blocked it this time.

"Why don't you care about mother? I don't get it at all!" Soobin shouted between his sobs and hiccups.

His father started to cross boundaries as he grabbed Soobin's neck hardly, "She's worthless, Soobin." he harshly answered.

His head started to spin due to the lack of air, and soon the laughter and whispers got louder as it filled his mind.

[Don't misunderstand, none of the people were laughing at him, the nurses tried to hold his father back, but Soobin was getting paranoid because of the trauma occuring and triggering his body.]

Why is everyone laughing at me?

Why are they staring at me?

Those questions ran through his mind. All he wanted was peace. His mother to be okay. That all of her enemies, including his own father that is her own husband, to be gone.

But everything was the opposite.

His vision started to spin, Yeonjun's face deforming in his sight. "It's starting to get worse.." Soobin mumbled under his breath, quickly turning around and letting his mind focus on the progress of his art that he just drew.

It doesn't look like a cute little cat anymore. It looks rigged. Very. The eyes looked sharp, the smile of the cat wide like it was a villain that successfully killed someone by plan, ears perked like it was the horns of a demon.

His fists were still clenching, feeling his shoulder stiff. Soobin's heart was beating excessively and it felt like it was twisting, he felt so overwhelmed that tears started to gather around his eyes.