six:: into the tank

We stepped out in our new suits,

I stared at Andrew's dressing room curtain, leaning on the pillar, waiting for him to come out. After a few moments, the curtain dragged to the side and Andrew came out.

"This is crazy," I whispered.

"This was all your idea." he snapped.

"Hey-"

"Are you almost done yet?" a rough voice came

I sighed, "Y-yes!" We both ran over to him.

Father stared at us for a few seconds.

"Whatever I do, do not question me. Understood?"

Andrew and I both nodded. I didn't know what he meant by that but I knew it was something we both wouldn't like. Father firmly took our wrists and dragged us near a tank.'

I stared at the tank. It was a dark aqua-blueish color. Inside it looked like a human fish tank. There were coral and pebbles inside. The tank was sized like a cylinder shape.

I felt sick. There was no way we were going in that.

Father grabbed my wrist firmly and started attaching thin tubes to me. He attached the onto the hooks part of my suit. The tubes looked like the thin tubes you would get at the hospital.

He did the same to Andrew. All the tubes had thin wires in them. I'm guessing the tubes were there to protect the wires from the water.

The wires are connected to a computer. On the computer, I saw the names "Arabella Marie Jade" and "Andrew Lucas Jade" Under our names we had... our heart rate. This was pretty typical for tests. He also put on a breathing mask. One of those helmets the people in the submarine wear.

I was still in shock we were seriously doing this. It looked like he just wanted an excuse just to do this experiment. The worst part is, I don't know what will happen.

Father set something on the laptop and looked back at us.

"Step up. Go up the stairs."

Stairs..? I looked up and saw the stairs leading to the tank.

This wasn't happening, was it?.. This is all a dream. Wake up Bella, wake up..

Andrew and I slowly went up the stairs and stood at the edge. We looked down. It was deep.

By deep I mean a couple feet.

We looked behind us and saw a couple of workers coming up to us. Father was directing them to us.

I stared at the water. I should've never recommended escaping. I gave Andrew a look. Something was off about him. He didn't seem to make eye contact.

I figured it was just the state we were in right now.

The water seemed calm. I kept staring at it until I felt a light push.

I screamed.

Immediately, I fell into the water leaving a huge splash. I heard Andrew splash in next to me right after.

The next thing I knew, I was in the water.

I started to swim up, I wanted to get out of this bottle. Too my horror, I saw the workers covering the tank up.

No. No. No. No. No!

Andrew beside me looked up and looked at me troubled. This cannot be happening. Even with these breathing masks, we would run out of oxygen sooner or later.

father looking at us, looking at the computer, and writing notes back and forth. I swam up to the glass and started banging it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw bubbles. Odd bubbles. I turned around. I looked at it and something was swimming up. It wasn't human. It was big.

Andrew looked back, his eyes widening.

A shark.