one:: opening

12 years I've been locked up here.

            12 years, 6 months, and 16 days to be precise.

. You would think, since our "dear" parents loved us so much they would give their children a room. Even if they didn't, they would, right? Yeah, no. I am stuck in this captivating room with a scruffy stuffed animal and a lousy teenage boy. Yay. 

According to my father, we were nothing but test subjects.

My brother, Andrew is 14 years old. 2 years older.  He is an average teenage boy with jet-black fluffy hair, pale skin, pale blue eyes, and a broad figure. We both look alike. I have medium jet-black hair, straight hair, pale skin, blue eyes, and a small figure. Arabella was the name my parents gave after my grandmother. It was an unusual name to have, but I never questioned it.

We've been stuck in this sickening room most of our lives. Each day, we stared blankly at the white walls, the white floor, and the only furniture we had were 2 twin sized beds. There was a camera in the corner that watched our every move.

You see our father(if you can even call him that at this point), owned an organization called "The Facility." My father's  name was Richard and he was crazy. His team and he were determined to create the perfect chip. A chip he could use to make the perfect human. Nobody knows why, he wouldn't even tell his children. My guess is he thought we weren't "good enough" for him and that's why he wanted to make the perfect human.

My childhood wasn't all miserable at one point. Our father was very kind. He would take me and Andrew to arcades, and amusement parks all the time when we were younger. Way younger. Like 3 or 4. He's changed. He was.. crueler. 

Our mother, Hope. Oh well our mother, was a whole different story. She was.. sweet. Oddly sweety. Like that kind of person who acts so sweet as a mask and hides a deep secret. She would always smile and bring us food despite how horrible our condition was.  Odd. Odd was the word for our mother. It was like she wasn't even her with that freakish smile of hers. I swear, I've never seen her expression go anything from a smile honestly. It's creepy.

I'm hanging upside down from my bed staring at the white wall. My brother sits on his bed zoning out. The camera watches us. Everything was silent, until we heard the door open.