four:: realization

The next day,

We were sitting on our beds, zoning out as usual. We heard the door creak open. Great. More tests. Or my crazy clown mom?  Anything could happen. I turned my head towards the door and to my surprise I saw our father.

What? Dad? The only person who came in her aside from our mother was a psycho employee of Dad's. Dad couldn't give a crap about us to see if we were okay or not. Even if we died, I swear he wouldn't care at all!  Even if we were his first test subjects. He'd find another poor, helpless kid's life to ruin.

Andrew and I turned our faces towards the door. Father was standing in his usual suit, his gray-white mustache groomed. He looked at us closely with his one-eye spectacle. 

None of us said anything. We couldn't dare to speak. One word wrong and its over for us so we prefer to keep our mouths shut.

The air was tense. Why was he acting like this? I was confused. He kept staring at us coldly like were wanted criminals. 

But then it clicked. 

How could I have not noticed? The camera. The camera! I quickly looked to the corner of the wall and noticed the camera. How did I be so stupid? It's not new! How could I forget?! He must have heard everything.

I looked at Andrew and he looked back at me. He knew. 

I thought to myself, at least we didn't make a full-on plan. Like where we would go, we just planed to.. escape. We couldn't get in that much trouble- right?

We waited for the worst to come. Then after what felt like hours, he began to speak. His voice was rough,

"Children."

We quickly looked up at him and nodded.

"Follow me."

We got up from our beds are started following him, waiting for the worst to come.