No Way Out

A/N: I updated three times last week, and I hope none of the chapters were missed by anyone.

This is a short chapter that was supposed to be with the last one, but I think it's more effective this way.

—-

The loud shrill of the alarm stirred Jungkook from his slumber. He was supposed to attend a fitness trainer's convention that day and he had to leave earlier than normal to reach the venue on time. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes lazily , he reached out to silence the early morning phone alarm, only to find Jin already awake, sitting up in bed with his laptop in front of him .

"You are up pretty early!" Jungkook asked in his groggy voice

Jin nodded and managed a weak smile, though it didn't quite reach his eyes"Yeah, I was just feeling a bit short of breath and sweaty" he confessed.

Jungkook immediately got up from bed and placed a hand on Jin's forehead, checking his temperature. "Ok!! I don't feel anything bad but maybe you are getting a fever or something.. we should see the doctor before I head out"Jungkook suggested, already reaching for his phone to make the call " I will ask if they can give an emergency appointment "

But Jin quickly reached for his hands , stopping him . "No, we have got an appointment in a couple of days. We'll go then. I'm okay, Kook!!"Jin insisted, trying to downplay the situation.

Jungkook sighed, clearly not convinced. "Jin..." he began, his worry evident in his tone.

"I'm telling you, it's just because I'm getting to the last trimester..these things happen.."Jin reassured him with a smile

Jungkook observed Jin for a moment before reluctantly agreeing. "Okay but promise me if you still feel bad by the afternoon, you'll go."

Jin nodded, flashing a reassuring smile.

"Are you looking at baby stuff?" Jungkook asked, noticing the open laptop on Jin's lap.

"Yeah," Jin said with his face lighting up suddenly " What do you think of this crib?" he asked, showing Jungkook the picture of a crib with a rustic look.

Jungkook examined the crib and couldn't help but grin. "It's cute, better than the one I saw in the store... especially with the wooden finish."

"Right? And it's a convertible too!" Jin added excitedly as he scrolled through the website once again. "I have been browsing through options for hours."

"When did you wake up, baby?" Jungkook asked, furrowing his brow.

"A few hours ago!!"Jin replied casually.

"Hours? Jin, you should have woken me up" Jungkook insisted with a hint of concern in his voice.

Jin smiled as he gently brushed away Jungkook's hair from his face. "No need for that. I got up to pee and couldn't fall back asleep. Plus, you have a busy day today... You need the sleep!!"he explained ,trying to reassure Jungkook.

"Still..."

"Let it be for now. I have the whole day to rest. I'll probably fall asleep after breakfast as usual. Mom's cooking always knocks me out right after... It's so good, so I eat a lot!" Jin chuckled while wiping away some sweat from his forehead .

Jungkook smiled back, noticing the change in Jin's demeanor ever since his mom came to stay with him. Her presence seemed to have lifted Jin's spirits, and Jungkook was relieved to see him talking and smiling more like his usual self.

"That's good to hear!'l he said ruffling Jin's hair lovingly "Alright... Baby, I need to get ready to go. But later tonight, we'll go over your picks together..okay!!" he suggested