Pinnochio

Wrote this when I was sitting in airport waiting for a super delayed flight . So ignore mistakes ( as always)

——

"Hyung, you did it again! Everything was so perfect; the whole party was fire!!"Jimin said, hugging Jin once more, as they enjoyed the last of the drinks the bartender made for them.

The event venue had emptied out; only the engaged couple and their best men remained, choosing to extend the evening to savor the precious moments.

Jungkook set his glass down, looking offended. "Hello, I'm still here!"

Jimin and Taehyung burst into laughter, enjoying Jungkook's fake hurt expression. "You too, though I know it's mostly my hyung." Jimin said, patting Jin's back.

"Buttering up your brother-in-law, huh?" Jungkook scoffed.

Jimin playfully kicked his best friend's leg. "I don't need to butter him up; he already loves me more than Tae."

"In your dreams, Chim..." Taehyung teased, making everyone laugh.

"I love all of you equally; stop fighting," Jin intervened, attempting to maintain peace among everyone.

Jimin's eyes widened as he paused in the middle of taking a sip from his drink. He looked at Jin in disbelief. "All of us? You guys are friends now!! ."He gave a questioning glance at Jungkook. He had doubts about their relationship from the day his assistant spotted them dining together in a street food shop.

Jin and Jungkook looked at each other, gulping.
"Friend?" Jin scoffed, almost immediately working on damage control.

"No way!!" Jungkook laughed.

"We hate each other,! " Jin added, and they both nodded.

"Just enduring it until the wedding!!," Jungkook said.

"He's absolutely ridiculous!," Jin muttered.

"He even said I couldn't attend the cocktail tasting because my jeans had a tiny hole," Jungkook said, glaring at Jin.

"It's a high-end place!" Jin looked at Jungkook with big eyes.

Jin and Jungkook continued bickering, making Taehyung intervene.
. "Okay, okay, stop," he pleaded, sensing another heated argument on the way.
"Don't fight! You've been doing so well. Can you please keep it up at least until the wedding?" He begged

Jin and Jungkook exchanged frowns, and Jin immediately stood up.
"I need to leave; it's getting late, and I have work, unlike some people here."

"Hey, I work too, you know,!!" Jungkook replied, knowing very well that Jin's words were for him. "At least I'm not a corporate bully like some people." He smirked

Jin groaned and walked away, waving goodbye to Jimin and Taehyung.

Jungkook sighed as he watched Jin leave and then turned to his friends. "I'm leaving too." He grabbed his keys and left without saying anything further.

Jimin and Taehyung sat there, mouths agape, unable to understand how their casual conversation had escalated into yet another quarrel between Jin and Jungkook. Taehyung sighed and downed his drink. "See, nothing, as you suspected! These two will never be friends!"

Jimin shrugged and took a sip of his drink, still not satisfied by what he saw. He knew something was definitely fishy between those two, and he was hell-bent on finding out what it was.

Jungkook was at work when his phone rang. He picked it up and saw Jin's name on the caller ID. It was afternoon, and he hadn't expected Jin to call in the middle of the day. They weren't planning to meet for a few days since Jin had work and was involved in planning the official engagement party for his brother and Jimin, which his parents were throwing.