Chapter thirteen.two

They continued walking for about two hours. They passed by teak, eucalyptus, and these unique berry bushes, which intrigued Lisa so much that she was ready to pluck one until Seokjin said they could be poisonous. She immediately stepped back. That got a laugh out of Jeongguk and a smile from Taehyung (from seeing Jeongguk laugh), which she returned by sticking her tongue out at the omega.

Suddenly, Aegis came to a stop. Causing all of them to halt as well. The tiger raised his head up and began to sniff the air. Jeongguk went to his side, and Taehyung followed.

"What's wrong, Aegis?" He crouched down next to him. They looked around for any kind of danger, and Lisa couldn't find anything out of place. Jeongguk stood up and looked at Seokjin. "Seokjin, does this place have bulls?"

Seokjin frowned at his question. "Uh, no. I don't - " he cut himself off, and his face paled. He shook his head and began to ramble. "Oh, no. No, no, no. I should've known! I should've paid attention. We have to go, now!" He went on. Taehyung stepped forward to calm him, but before he could, a loud roar cut through the forest.

They all took a step back, and the bushes rustled. Taehyung stepped up in front of them, and Jeongguk too took his side. Leaving, Lisa and Seokjin stuck to each other's side. All of a sudden, a large figure jumped out of the bush and landed in front of them. The area it landed cracked, and when it stood up, Lisa lost her breath.

It was a bull, no a man. It had the body of a man and the head of a bull. It was hairy and disgusting. It had talons instead of fingers, and Lisa felt vomit clawing at her throat.

"What the hell is that?" She whispered enough for them to hear. Seokjin inhaled before speaking.

"Hwangso namja." He said. The bull snorted, and smoke came out of his snout. "In other words, the minotaur. It is one of the most powerful monsters of Oxin," he explained.

Taehyung and Jeongguk unleashed their swords, and the minotaur seemed to find them amusing.

"Those are useless. He fights like an animal, so be an animal." Seokjin said. The pair wasted no time and transformed. In place of them stood two wolves. One large and black with startling blue eyes, the other smaller and longer with gold fur and matching golden eyes. They looked at each other, and a silent agreement passed between them. They lept off to the monster.

"Shouldn't we help?" Lisa asked, looking at the male. Seokjin avoided her eyes and kept his locked on the fight.

"What can we do? They are the most powerful beings of Lupine. This is their quest. We are here to tell their tale." He claimed. That did not make Lisa feel like less of a burden.

"What if it attacks us?"

"And ignore those two? Hah. That would be shame and death on his name. Besides, we have Aegis." Lisa glanced down at the tiger, and he regarded her with a firm nod. She then turned to the fight.

Taehyung's wolf was on the minotaur's back. Jeongguk's wolf zoomed around the monster, attacking him from behind and slashing at his legs. Taehyung dug his claws into the minotaur's neck, and the monster bellowed in agony, trying to push Taehyung off. The alpha rooted his paws onto the upper back of the monster and pushed his strength down. Causing the minotaur to fall. Jeongguk leapt up onto the minotaur and caught a hold of his horn. Using his might, he pulled at it and broke it. The minotaur groaned, and Jeongguk struck the horn onto its neck. The scream of pain that followed shook the forest, and the minotaur dropped dead. The two wolves had blood on their fur, but they didn't seem to mind. Taehyung howled in victory, and Jeongguk joined him. The celebration of the pair echoed through Oxin.

Lisa released the breath she was holding in. It was at that moment that she realised just how powerful her best friend was. And to think it might not even be half of his powers scared her. Jeongguk by himself was unattainable, now standing on top of the minotaur's carcass with a pure blood alpha howling with joy, she realised that Jeon Jeongguk was untouchable.

The wolves stopped howling and turned to each other with pride on their faces. They both looked at each other with warmth. Lisa had another revelation. The enemies of Lupine were doomed. These two wolves were the most powerful beings to exist, and challenging against them were suicide. All her doubts about the quest vanished in that moment. She was now sure of their victory, and she would do anything to get it. Because her team is powerful.

Seokjin clapped as the wolves walked to them. Lisa joined him and ran over to Jeongguk. She crouched next to him and ruffled his fur. He purred in delight.

"Oh my goddess, ggukkie, you were awesome! And your wolf, he is beautiful," Jeongguk preened at the compliment, and a mind link was formed between them. JK. That was the name of his wolf. It was her first time seeing him, and Lisa was astonished.

Aegis marched over to Jeongguk and nuzzled his head. The two beasts cuddled up. The alpha next to them growled with possessiveness. Lisa chuckled.

"You were awesome too, Taehyung." Seokjin soon joined them and congratulated the pair.

"There is a lake nearby. You can wash up there, and then we can move forward." That's exactly what they did. They found the lake, and it had the clearest of waters, that Lisa couldn't help herself. She transformed into her beige wolf and took a bath too. The water had energised all of them. She also took notice of how Seokjin hadn't transformed. Leaving that to question later, she enjoyed her bath with her friends, and then they were back on track.

This time, Lisa had confidence in them.