History Won't Repeat(2)

Everyone were at the dinning table thinking about the events that took place last night. They had left Prachi alone as she had asked but now they wanted to know how she's feeling, what's going on in her mind and how she is handling th whole revelation. But how? Not one person knew how to begin the conversation without hurting Prachi or making her go through hell of memories again.

Just then Prachi entered with smiles just like a normal day. Ashok and Manpreet signaled at each other to begin which didn't go unnoticed by Prachi, "I know y'all what to know how I'm and I'm fine. Whatever happened last night, everything Ran.... That man assumed about me for all these years I can't change. So let it be in the past and not ruin our present because of someone. We have lost a lot already not anymore. Let's be happy like how we were, infact happier than before", spoke Prachi with a smile on hee face and few tears in her eyes which she hid perfectly. And how could she fail. Hiding her tears was all she practiced throughout her life.

"We can all move on but Prachi what about Poorvi? Khushi may have understood everything but Poorvi she'll have lot if questions. Khushi too God alone knows how she's feeling about everything" Manpreet questioned. Just as Prachi was about to reply the doorbell rang.

It was Poorvi but not alone.Behind her stood the man looking at whom Prachi turned her back and started walking off.

Poorvi ran behind her and added quickly "ma, I know you are angry at papa

"angry? It's more than just anger. You don't know anything, I understand you are happy meeting your father but keep it separate do not involve me", she spoke cutting Poorvi's words.

"And tell that man to stay out of my house, Poorvi. I don't even want a single hair of his to enter this house", Ashok said in a cold voice staring at Ranbir.

Poorvi not giving up turned to mother and continued again "Ma, I know everything. I heard and understood everything yesterday and papa, he is very sorry for everything he has done and want to rectify his mistakes. Ma you have always missed papa, cried for him, and now he is here. I know you won't be able to forgive him easily but atleast we can try to mend things slowly. Let papa explain himself for once, please".

"Yes, I cried but because I thought he was no mo.... But if I knew the truth I wouldn't have wasted a single tear even by mistake for this man. And are you hearing your own words Poorvi? You are telling me to mend things so we can have a happy family? Poorvi this man here, is MARRIED to someone else".

"We are no longer together Prachi"! Ranbir stated. Looking at Prachi's he further elaborated, "I explained everything to Tashu and we have signed the divorce papers and soon legally too things will end. And then we can be together with our daughters. But only after you have forgiven me, I won't force you. I know this time I have done the biggest mistake and getting your forgiveness will not be easy, but I'll wait patiently for that day".

"So that later you can taunt me by saying how happy you were with Tashu and I broke your happy married life"? Questioned Prachi.

"You are unbelievable! You only think about yourself right Ranbir? You can't see anything beyond yourself? First you left me and Khushi and now you ended a 20 year relationship just like that. Everything is a joke to you right? Do you ever think about what others feel? No! Cause every single time, it's just I, me, myself for you. Whole world just revolves around you. I thought like this. I felt like this. I was hopeless. I was helpless. I this, I that. Rest can go to hell. Their feelings, who cares? Until Mr. Ranbir Kohli is happy, everything is perfect. Where am I in this"? Prachi's frustration was at it's peak and everyone present knew it was impossible to calm her down. And Ranbir too knew this, so he didn't stop her and let her continue, until...

"Who do you think I am? You can't just waltz into my life whenever you want, use me, have fun with me and then leave once you are satisfied? No, not just leave, tag me characterless, a cheat AND leave".

"stop it Prachi. You are angry at me remove your frustration on me. Please don't say anything demeaning about yourself", Ranbir pleaded to her but in vain.

"What? I'm just speaking the truth and I'm accepting it, so that in future when you feel betrayed you can remind yourself you were aware that I'm a characterless woman. That I'm a cheat. That though being married to you I had an extra marital affair with another man".

"Stop it Prachi please please just..." yes he believed this all of it for 20 long years, but someone saying the same things out loud to him was hurtful, and specially when it was Prachi herself speaking negatively about her own self.

"Why?? You believed these things about me all these years. So if I say it out loud to myself, what's the big deal"?

"Ma, ma please relax. Calmly think about this situation, I'm sure slowly we could mend everything and have our happy family", Poorvi interfered to calm the situation.

"I already have a happy family and I don't need any outsider, especially not a man who is absolutely perfect in hurting people and playing a victim later. I know you missed your father, I completely understand that feeling. So if you want this man to have those rights fine, but don't involve me in this", saying this Prachi left from there. And so did the others. They were more disappointed in Poorvi. Ranbir looked on defectively.

Nevertheless, Poorvi didn't give up. She wiped off her tears and asked her father to follow her. "Here, papa, from today this is your room".

"Isn't there any other room? Your mother looks weak, but right now she's strong enough to throw me out of this room within a second", Ranbir chuckled to make the situation light.

"She won't. There are no more rooms is the house. This is the only option. And don't worry, ma is angry now but she'll forgive you soon. Once she calms down, she be able to understand you didn't do anything on purpose it was just a misunderstanding that led to all this mess".

"Thank you fir helping me out. I don't know how would I sorted out everything if you were not here. And again, I'm sorry to you too. Because of me you were deprived off a father's love".

"It's ok. Since I've met you, you have helped me a lot. You are a nice person and ma will also realize it soon. So don't waste time apologizing to me but think how you can convince ma", Poorvi said calmly with a light nod.

"By the way where will Prachi be right now? And Khushi. I need to apologize to her too. Poor thing had to go through so much emotional torture at a very young age", thinking about the pain Khushi went through brought tears to his eyes.

"Ma will be on the terrace, working on the sweets order she has got. And Khushi di will be here somewhere around, maybe on her phone", Poorvi informed to nervous Ranbir.

_______________________
Hello everyone! Hope y'all loved the second part of this short story. Couldn't add Khushi's part to this so thought of having another part.☺️

About Poorvi, had to keep someone on Ranbir's side.👉🏼👈🏼

What did y'all feel about Prachi's outburst? Was it little, too much or Ranbir deserves more.

Do vote, comment and share this story.❤