The Power of Time(2)

Ranbir and Khushi came home. They both were lost in their thoughts. Akshay did tell Prachi was not angry and she is past everything but if that was the case then why is she acting so different?

Pallavi on noticing them asked about the meet. "Parvati is very angry at me, so much that she doesn't talk to me how she would earlier", Khushi replied almost on the verge to cry.
"No Khushi, your Parvati is not angry at you, Akshay Uncle said right everything is fine", consoled Ranbir, she nodded in agreement, he wiped her tears and continued "Now stop crying and go change''.

Once Khushi was gone Pallavi questioned again about what Khushi was saying.

Ranbir:-"mom, Prachi was acting weird".
Pallavi:-"what do you mean"?
Ranbir:-"she should be angry right at me for taking Khushi away but she wasn't. Infact when we said sorry, she thought it was for what happened in the morning".
Pallavi:-"maybe she actually is fine with everything".
Ranbir:-"then why didn't she hug Khushi, pamper her after meeting her after a one whole month".

Vikram who just entered interrupted the mother - son conversation and spoke, "Ranbir tonight there is a business party organized by Mr.Malhotra and Mr.Tondon, for their upcoming big project. I know Prachi too will be there and you wouldn't want to go but this is a good opportunity to meet all clients".

"Ranbir you should go and take Khushi with you. She'll be happy meeting Prachi. Maybe in the office she was just busy that she couldn't give time to Khushi. There all your doubts will be cleared", suggested Pallavi. Ranbir nodded and agreed to the idea.

Ranbir and Khushi entered the venue. The decoration was beautiful and expensive, clearly showing how big the project deal was for which the business men organized such a grand event. Khushi was awestruck looking at all the minute details in the decoration. She was all smiles and excited as her father told her that they would meet Parvati and she would get opportunity to apologize.

Once they entered the hall the first person they saw was Prachi who was talking to some guest, asking them to have some snacks and drinks.

From her peripheral vision she saw someone at the entrance and when she turned she happily walked in the direction. Ranbir smiled at her lightly and Khushi opened her arms to give her a hug but Prachi walked past the father - daughter duo to her sister Rhea who too had just entered.

"Any help needed Prachi"?
"No. Everything is done. Where is Dadi and Sahana"?
"They are coming behind in another car. I came to check if you needed any help".

While they were talking Khushi came forward and held Prachi's hand and helloed her. Prachi too greeted. As per their plan Khushi was about to apologize but Prachi was called by someone. She excused herself. Khushi was disheartened again. To make her feel better, Rhea came forward and took her to give her some snacks and juice.

Ranbir analysed the whole situation there were many questions but one thing was sure Rhea knew everything

After some time
Ranbir noticed Rhea and walked to her and questioned if Khushi was with Prachi but to that she replied, "no no, she is busy this project is very important to Mr.Tondon and so is this event. Khushi is outside with other kids playing with the balloons".

"She is so busy that she doesn't have 10 minutes for Khushi"? He said out loud. "Rhea why is Prachi acting wierd"? Ranbir continued with is questions.

"Weird? What do you mean? She's fine and normal"? Replied Rhea with hesitation and tried to leave. But Ranbir stood infront of her like a wall and spoke, "I know she is mad at me for taking Khushi away, I completely understand that, but why is she ignoring Khushi"?
"It doesn't matter, she's happy in her life, you are happy with you daughter, that's all that matters. Why overthink and stress unnecessarily"?