Promises (1)

This is a take on the month long sangeet track, after Ranbir confronts Prachi and accuses her again.
______________________

She stood there shocked, hearing those words, trying to digest what he just said. The person who about fews hours ago was asking her to not get married, the one who said he won't separate Pranbir, the one who asked her if she believes the reports and Rhea over him just called her a gold digger. Yet again he put someone else's words infront of the person he claimed to love.

Ranbir:-"why are you quiet now? Speak. Tell me why are you still behind me if you wanted Sid in the end".

Prachi having no patience left to hear all crap spoken about her shouted her lungs out "shut up! Just shut up! Not a word further", knowing this would not end up good Sidhart and Sahana were both by her side to come done, but everything has a limit and that was crossed. Prachi didn't pay any attention to whatever the two spoke.

"yes, please calm down Prachi, listen to your Sid", taunted Ranbir seeing the scene.

"Enough! You spoke whatever you had to, now it's my turn", she had no control over her anger left. Turning to the two people by her side she asked them to back off, they had never seen Prachi in this state. Scared by the range they immediately took few steps back.

Prachi looking at Ranbir spoke, "what did you say? That I'm behind you for money. I am not the one Ranbir it was you who was behind me all the time". Ranbir passed on a confused look and was about to speak but Prachi didn't let him.

"I was minding my own business at the sangeet function. You were the one who came to me, you were the one who took me to a corner and dance with me, made the regular 'cannot be fulfilled' promises".

Showing her mehendi, "this, this is what you drew, I didn't ask you to. You were the one who said you'll never separate Pranbir but look at you now, forgotten everything. Such a hypocrite you are Ranbir".

Ranbir:-"I haven't forgotten anything, and how am I a hypocrite in whatever you did"

Prachi:-"oh, so you don't know. Let me tell you then. Firstly I'm the one here like a fool who's trying to prove Rhea isn't pregnant. It was you right who came to me and questioned whether I trust you or the reports? What happened to your trust on me?

Rhea said so much against this child and I asked you if you want to say anything like her and you said you trust me, you did a mistake once of not trusting me and will not repeat again. But when Sid said this child is his you immediately believed him over me.

I don't know who said what to you that made you come here and question me but again you trusted that person over me.

I never said I wanted to marry Sid. It was mom who took the decision for me, it was you who asked me to marry. It was you and your mom who forced me in this marriage but now that's enough. Now I am saying, I will marry Sid", the last line was not expected by anyone present, especially not by Ranbir. On the other hand, seeing Prachi's anger, Siddhart didn't know how to stop her.

"And not because of all the allegations put on me are true, but because I'm done with everything. I am done being nice. I am done believing in your false promises. I am done believing that you trust me. I am done getting blamed for things forget doing but not even thought of. I don't want your love which has no trust left in it.

One last thing, stay away from me. Don't ever comeback to me to apologize, cause this time you won't have a chance. You forget things to easily so better write it down to remember, I HATE THE FACT THAT I LOVE YOU. I hate myself for after everything you did I still love you", that being said she left from there.

Siddhart and Sahana tried to stop her but she took a cab and left from there. They came back to their car, they were in a dilemma, should they go behind Prachi or go back and save Mihika. Siddhart chose to stop Prachi. They could save Mihika later but now it was important to calm Prachi down before it was too late.

Ranbir, he was dumbstruck. Was he wrong? Did he go to far this time? Right now this didn't matter. He needed to go back to Prachi, she said alot but didn't answer his questions. He got in his car and drove as fast as he could.

Two faces smiled seeing the whole scene. Aliya and Rhea were happy, they didn't have to do much now. Prachi herself was going to marry Sid. They turned to a sad Mihika and said, "smile now, you will be freed soon".

Kohli Mansion
Vikram, Pallavi and Dida were in the hall, wondering where all had gone. Just then Prachi entered. On seeing her Pallavi showered her questions about her where abouts.

Siddhart, Sahana and Ranbir too entered. Prachi who had slightly calmed down, on seeing Ranbir her calmness disappeared. Pallavi repeated her question.

Prachi:-"where I was, with whom I was, what was I doing doesn't matter. I'm an adult and I don't need to justify myself for every little thing".

Pallavi wasn't the one who would listen to Prachi and was about to shut her up but Prachi's next sentence stopped her.

"Start all the preparations of the wedding. The wedding is going to be held tomorrow itself", said Prachi looking straight into Ranbir's eyes. He could clearly see the extent to which Prachi's anger had reached.

Vikram and Dida exchanged looks and them saw Sid and Sahana's worried state, shocked would be an understatement to describe Ranbir's state, he didn't think that this would go this far this quick. Pallavi was the only one who was overjoyed. Before anyone could say or ask anything, Prachi walked in her room and locked it.

Next Day
It was 6'o clock in the morning, the day of the wedding, preparations were going on in full swing, Pallavi was looking into each and every detail. Hearing all the commotion, the family woke up and came in the hall to see what was going on. On seeing them, Pallavi asked them to help. Aliya and Rhea the two most excited people agreed and started looking into what had to be done. Ranbir just went back to his room.

Siddhart went to Sahana and asked, "have you talked to Prachi? How are we stopping this".
Sahana:-"how will I talk to her, she would not even open the door".
Siddhart:-"but to stop this wedding we need to talk to her. I can't stop this, only Prachi can. If I do anything they will harm Mihika".

Vikram and Dida came up to them to understand why Prachi was doing this but they got no answer.

Pallavi knocked on the door and called out to Prachi. Hearing the voice Prachi who slept sitting on the floor resting her head on bed woke up. She quickly opened the door. Pallavi gave her a beautiful red lehenga and some heavy jewelry, asked her to get ready and left.

It was only now that she realised her reckless decision taken in her anger. She placed the items on her bed. Her brain failed to create solutions. What could she do this early to stop the wedding? There was not a single proof of her innocence neither to expose Rhea. Neither was Mihika safe.
_______________________
Hope you liked this chapter...Do vote, comment and share☺️❤