chapter 10

TRIGGER WARNING: Blood

☘☘☘

I opened my eyes to a familiar room that has kept me safe before. It's Karma's room in his condo. It's where he took me before to get me away from Kane. And now, I'm back here again after he saved me from my husband.

I blinked, getting myself to wake up. I snuggled on the pillows and the sheets that had Karma's scent all over. I closed my eyes and hugged the pillow tightly as I inhaled his calming sandalwood scent.

I lied on the bed with my mind empty. I turned to the window and watched as the clouds in the sky outside passed by.

Calm. Serene. Tranquil. That's what I felt at that moment. But slowly, the feelings came back to my body.

The stinging on my cheeks. The pounding in my head. The disgusting feeling on my skin. I looked down on my body. I'm in different clothes and I'm under Karma's comforters. I feel like I'm the one getting these comforters dirty.

My breath hitched and my chest contracted in pain.

"Karma," I called, my voice ragged. My throat is on fire and even just a simple hum is a hard task. But I called him again despite that. I want him here. "Karma..."

He's not in this room. I don't remember what happened last night after he took me away. I know I'm in great hands with him but he's not here again.

I got up and tried to make my voice louder. "Karma..."

My body hurts. Everything hurts. But I don't want to stay here alone. I need him here.

"Karma," I tried to call again but I couldn't make my voice louder any longer.

Naglakad ako papunta sa pinto. Mabagal ang bawat hakbang ko pero hindi ako tumigil. I held onto the wall to support myself so I won't fall.

Did you leave? Where are you, Karma?

Nang makalapit sa pinto ay hinawakan ko ang doorknob. The cold metal was a contrast to my burning hands. Kahit isang kamay lang ay kaya 'yun buksan but with my strength right now, it took me two hands and a lot of effort to do so.