chapter 9

TRIGGER WARNING: Domestic Violence, Sexual Violence, Sexual Assault, Rape, R-18

Just want to remind everyone that this story is a dark romance (However, that doesn't mean it doesn't get better). Although this story is fictional, the scenes in this story depicts reality. Please, always take the trigger warnings seriously and read with precaution. 

Also, if you cannot take how dark this story is anymore, you are always free to stop reading. Thanks!

☘☘☘

In life, hindi natin maiiwasan 'yung may gusto tayong baguhin sa kung anong mayroon tayo sa kasalukuyan. For me, the thing I wish was different in my life is everything.

I just don't want any of this anymore. The pain, the constant fear, the everyday self-talk I do to tell myself that it will be fine.

Will it really be fine? Will anything change? Will I ever get away?

I don't know. I don't know.

All I know is I hate him, my husband. I hate Everest. I hate Quinn. I hate his family. I hate this life. I hate myself.

I hate it all. I wish I could just go back and turn everything around.

They say that we have different versions of ourselves in many different universes. Taking that fact, I wish it was in this universe that I didn't meet Everest ever in my life. I wish I was in that universe where Sonya Cecilia was never married to Everest.

Too bad though, my life isn't like that. And it sucks. I hate it.

The only thing keeping me going is the thought that I'll be free soon. Something the man I am now trusting has promised.

I'll soon be out of here, he said. But will I stay alright when that time comes? Will I really get away?

"Sonya?" Karma called me for I don't know how many times already. "Sonya?"

He kept calling me as he caressed my head that was on his chest. Slowly, I got back to my senses. I can tell where we are now. He's seated on the sofa in the living room of the house we share temporarily just to get away from his family, my family, while I'm resting on his chest. My hearing came back and I can now hear his heartbeat in his chest. A constant rate of heartbeat that sounds so mellow in my ears.