chapter 5

WARNING: R-18

☘☘☘

I met my husband when I was 8. Before my parents died, they were great friends with his family. And even if Everest and I did not take interest in each other later when we became teens, I knew that that day that I met him, there was already an unspoken agreement when our family saw us together.

My parents did not tell me outright about their plans. I have a hint but I do not point it out. Hindi naman kasi necessary. Because even without their agreement, Everest and I found our way to each other's hearts.

Parang kailan lang, malinaw pa sa isip ko kung paano ako tratuhin ni Everest na para akong isang prinsesa. When my parents died, he was there all the time for me. He was all I know back then. I had no family left. And he was my only friend.

He was there when I lost everything. And he became my everything.

Everything I have is linked to him. I work under his family's construction company, DC constructions. The only friend I can call onto is Rigel, his cousin. My life revolves around the house that we share. And his family is my family.

They helped me when I lost everything. And now, I'm losing everything because I can't keep up with what his family wants. They want a kid. And I can't give that to them.

But why does it have to be this hard? Why do I have to get punished this way? Why does my husband have to give up on me?

My husband. I don't know if that's him anymore. His family that was sweet and welcoming to me, where are they?

Where is everyone I used to know? Where was their acceptance? Where is their love? Where are they?

I did everything. Bakit hindi nila makita 'yun? And I'm still trying. Why can't they give me another chance? How can they easily set me aside and accept Quinn fully with open arms?

Am I not enough?

Huminga ako nang malalim at bumaba ang tingin sa kamay kong nasa aking kandungan.

Who am I kidding? Their answer is already there.