chapter 8

WARNING: R-18

☘☘☘

"So, have you decided where you want to go and start a new life?"

From the laptop I have in front of me on a table we just bought yesterday to put here in the patio, I turned my eyes to Karma who's sitting a few feet beside me, sipping on his coffee.

We had finally gotten the area of this house organized even for a bit. Nahawanan na ito at hinihintay nalang namin ang mga halaman at inaayos ko na ang plano nito.

And this talk is perfect here. A talk about my freedom in the patio of the house I share with the man who'll set me free from the dreadful life that I have.

"Somewhere in Europe or in New Zealand," sagot ko.

Tumango naman siya. "Great choice. What countries do you like in Europe?"

"Maybe Sweden, Norway or Switzerland. Pwede ba 'yun?"

"Yes. I know people there."

My brows knitted at how nonchalantly he said those words. "You know people there?" I said in disbelief. "How?"

"Because of my job," he said casually as he sipped on his mug. "Anyway, what I'm saying is, you just have to choose a place and I can arrange everything. You can move as soon as you like."

Napasandal ako sa aking upuan habang titig pa rin sa kanya. "Wait, I'm still processing how you know people there."

Bahagya siyang natawa. "I don't tell people that because they have the same reaction as you."

"Kasi ibang bansa 'yun. If within the country lang, I understand."

"It's called networking," he said with confidence.

"International networking," pagtatama ko.

He placed his mug down the table. "I know them because of my job. And I'm stuck with it. I don't really have a choice so if I can get help from them then there's a purpose for it. That's the only thing I like about it."