14

As promised, Eudora was back at the small part of the woods between her tavern and the town Fawn lived in. Right back where she heard the cheering and roar of the Illyrian males and the smell of alcohol burning her nostril hairs.

She oddly enjoyed the smell. It's foreign and reminds her to the times her Silas, and Orestes would be in the pubs during Solstice. The Night Court knew how to party she's not going to deny such. And by the passing of Illyrian men through the door, once again anchoring on to their pair of females, she knew these soldiers weren't as serious as the supposed heir of the Night Court.

She searched the night looking for him. But her thought process is stunted as soon as the back of a strong Illyrian male, clearly dominating the majority stepped from the dimly lit pub.

The lantern arched on the door frame lit up a part of Enzo's sharp, yet oddly gentle features. And she couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips as he clearly took to the direction where they had there first encounter the other night.

It was adorable.

Eudora decided to let the male wait for a little bit as he dissappeared into the forest where the shadows of the large trees swallowed his tall figure. A strong wind whipped the night and Eudora moved her hair from the damage it's done.

She figured she could get more than a couple drinks out of Enzo that night if her look was more put together than what he saw the other night. So, she kept her hair down, the curly defined from the hair mixture her mother had used since she was a child. She put on a simple black dress hugging her curves. Not revealing compared to the rest of the females, some her eyes lingered on a little.

A fire pit light up bright to the left of her. A group of the soldiers, half in leathers the rest in casual clothing, all with a few beers lying around them and in their hands. They were all lounging back talking amongst each other and laughing.

One of them looked up to her and raised an eyebrow.

Eudora gave the male a bored look relaying her disinterest and started toward the trees to prevent any further advances.

But what she found made her freeze again.

The Heir.

The last time he ran into her and Enzo in the forest, she knew something was...off. His body language tense with some excuse that clearly wasn't the truth. Any literate fae could smell the lie from a miles away. And the moment he lingered after Enzo left....

As he exited the door of pub, looking just as tall as Enzo, his purple eyes bright under the moonlight, Eudora watched him looked around as if lost. His hair fringed around his scalp, some of it sticking as if he had just got done downing more than a few drinks.

She of course she's not surprised when he be-lined to the forest after the same direction Enzo just went.

Interesting.

The nosey young girl in her thrived at the odd behavior of the heir. His fathers moves seemed confident, calculated from the couple times she interacted with the High Lord. The heir for what she's seen is more frazzled. As if he holds the stress of all High Lords combined.

Eudora didn't ponder much or compare. She was about to find out herself as she allowed a few seconds to pass before strolling into the woods.